Call of Duty: Black Ops

Day

Unlocked the crossbow earlier, was on cracked and found this kid just sat in a corner of a room, rank 3 or summart. Went in there and blew him up with me bow, went back about 30 seconds later and he was sat in the same spot again so I proceeded to blow him up again. Without dragging this story out I found him another 4 times sat in exactly the same spot and yup I blew him up.

Since that game I've had several messages that his dad works for Sony and he's going to send a virus to my PS3, oh and he's going to hunt me down and shoot me for real as he's got a shotgun and licence for it.

Got to love the COD community :)

I'm gunna stick that cross bow up yer jacksy if you get me again!:mad:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New favourite gun - the Stoner LMG.

An LMG that looks, and handles llike an assault rifle, but with the power of an LMG.

Superb!

It's awful you bloody wum! I demand a refund, I bought 3 guns just to use that and it's crap, you need lightweight on just to be able to move, feels weak as hell.

It's awful you bloody wum! I demand a refund, I bought 3 guns just to use that and it's crap, you need lightweight on just to be able to move, feels weak as hell.

You're kidding!

If and when you're running around, just quickly switch to your secondary weapon. I don't use lightweight; Ghost, Hardened and Ninja. Recoil is minimal in short bursts and it's a 2-hit kill.

A lot of folks are p1ssed off with the 'Pro' achievements - to get Ghost Pro you have to destroy a sentry gun as one of the 3 bits to get Pro. The argument is that hardly anyone is using sentry guns in this game. The only ones you see are the ones coming out of care packages. That being said, I destroyed one earlier. Got 2 of the 3 bits for Pro now, just need to shoot down some more aircraft.

Best game modes that I've found so far are Ground War and Domination. Haven't played Capture the Flag yet, will have a go later.

Is the new game very camper friendly? Because MW2 was heaven for campers, particularly that bloody Terminal map!

Playing last night for the 1st time and found loads of people camping, and all going to the same place once they had been killed.

Does anyone know how the prestige works this time round (do you keep the guns etc you have unlocked? Been told that you only go to 50 this time but yo can do it 15 times?

Does anyone know how the prestige works this time round (do you keep the guns etc you have unlocked? Been told that you only go to 50 this time but yo can do it 15 times?

You certainly don't keep the guns. The only things that don't reset when you prestige are the emblems. Everything else, goes.

50 level cap and then prestige, up to 15 times.

Given how difficult Ghost Pro is to get, I may not bother this time around.

A lot of folks are p1ssed off with the 'Pro' achievements - to get Ghost Pro you have to destroy a sentry gun as one of the 3 bits to get Pro. The argument is that hardly anyone is using sentry guns in this game. The only ones you see are the ones coming out of care packages. That being said, I destroyed one earlier. Got 2 of the 3 bits for Pro now, just need to shoot down some more aircraft.

Best game modes that I've found so far are Ground War and Domination. Haven't played Capture the Flag yet, will have a go later.

Trying to do Ghost Pro now, just got 4 aircraft and the sentry gun which as you say will be a pain in the arse. I've seen one so far but they had it surrounded, my Rambo attempt to take it down failed miserably.

The aircraft doesn't take long, I've been shooting down the UAV's as soon as they go up with a launcher.

I've got Scavenger, Warlord and Slight of Hand Pro which were pretty quick to get, Marathon is my next to get but I have to go and play catch the flag which I hate grrrrr.

Rank 37 now, should have my AK74 sometime tomorrow to play with, happy days.

You certainly don't keep the guns. The only things that don't reset when you prestige are the emblems. Everything else, goes.

50 level cap and then prestige, up to 15 times.

Given how difficult Ghost Pro is to get, I may not bother this time around.

That's what I thought, dam brother-in-law, he's useless at the game aswell! Throughly enjoyed killing him multiple times!!

I like the fact you only get the one Claymore and they are not resupplied with Scavenger either, makes the campers work a little harder to stay in that one room they have chosen to settle down for the game in.

I've also got a new pet hate, that RC car, not getting killed by it that doesn't bother me too much as you can blow it up with a couple of bullets. It's when you end up on a team that all use the RC car instead of the UAV, everyone is after that one extra kill even when it doesn't count towards the next killstreak.

Yes, I think Hacker is the one I'll probably go after next I think.

Completely agree about the cars - I've used them to get the challenges, but then it's straight back to the spy plane as they're incredibly useful.

Claymores - are incredibly powerful. It seems that they're a lot more effective than in previous games. Harder to run through and not die! I tend to use them when I'm sniping to block off either side of me, or I plant them randomly when I'm using any other weapon, just to p1ss people off! :D

I had the launcher selected as my secondary weapon on all loadouts when I was trying to get ghost pro. It's been that handy that I may keep it even now I've got ghost pro. Love it when you hear that an enemy cobra or huey/hind is inbound, and then taking it down straight away.

Are you having problems with freezing? started last night for me, halfway through a game it just freezes, have to reboot the PS3. Happened about 3 times last night and in an hour this morning it's happened twice.

Just unlocked the Ak, it's a beast. Was 18-2 in the first game with it when the sodding thing froze up on me grrrrr.

Are you having problems with freezing? started last night for me, halfway through a game it just freezes, have to reboot the PS3. Happened about 3 times last night and in an hour this morning it's happened twice.

Just unlocked the Ak, it's a beast. Was 18-2 in the first game with it when the sodding thing froze up on me grrrrr.

Disc might need cleaning?

Archived