Call of Duty: Black Ops

Day

Zombies is what WAW was all about. I am addicted to it.

And Alex, they'll probably make it so you have to buy the Zombies maps along with the regular map packs they release over time.

But I can't wait to get into this game. I'll have to wait till Christmas though.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I've read on one of those gaming sites that it was added at the last minute due to the demand for it, it was only confirmed last month that it would make the game.

Surely if they thought it was going to be a huge selling point they would of announced it much earlier for the extra pre-order sales.

Zombies is what WAW was all about. I am addicted to it.

And Alex, they'll probably make it so you have to buy the Zombies maps along with the regular map packs they release over time.

But I can't wait to get into this game. I'll have to wait till Christmas though.

There's only one map at the moment though, that'd be a huge mistake to just have one map on it surely? Hopefully you can unlock them and not have to buy them. That'd be a bit if a mistake, could earn them alot of enemies.

Zombie mode's been in BO from the start. It was massively popular on W@W, and ended up being the main reason why people still play it. It was only announced a few weeks ago as Treyarch wanted to keep people guessing. No way though was it ever NOT going to be in.

I got the hardened edition and the 4 classic W@W maps have been graphically tweaked, look sharper now. Also, the mystery box spawns BO weapons, and you can have monkey bombs on the first three maps as well now.

There are two zombie maps on BO, although only the first is playable from the start. You can unlock the second 'pentagon' map though - when you're on the main screen, use the triggers to make the fella get out of the chair, and then go around to the computer on the side of the room. Access the terminal and type '3ARC UNLOCK'.

Also, if you type in 'DOA' on the terminal it gives you access to the hidden game mode 'Dead Ops'.

I'm fairly sure that the classic maps will be released as DLC in a few months.

Zombie mode's been in BO from the start. It was massively popular on W@W, and ended up being the main reason why people still play it. It was only announced a few weeks ago as Treyarch wanted to keep people guessing. No way though was it ever NOT going to be in.

I got the hardened edition and the 4 classic W@W maps have been graphically tweaked, look sharper now. Also, the mystery box spawns BO weapons, and you can have monkey bombs on the first three maps as well now.

There are two zombie maps on BO, although only the first is playable from the start. You can unlock the second 'pentagon' map though - when you're on the main screen, use the triggers to make the fella get out of the chair, and then go around to the computer on the side of the room. Access the terminal and type '3ARC UNLOCK'.

Also, if you type in 'DOA' on the terminal it gives you access to the hidden game mode 'Dead Ops'.

I'm fairly sure that the classic maps will be released as DLC in a few months.

You're a star StaffsRam, thanks fella.

You is gayer man.

Anyhow upto rank 27 now, been kicking some arse on it today now I'm getting the hang of it. Not seen one grenade launcher yet and snipers are few and far between, feels abit weird but a nice weird.

You is gayer man.

Anyhow upto rank 27 now, been kicking some arse on it today now I'm getting the hang of it. Not seen one grenade launcher yet and snipers are few and far between, feels abit weird but a nice weird.

A lack of noob tubes is a good thing, they drove me mad, and that was just against my mate offline!

Snipers I don't mind, although the one hit kill system drives me insane. Played alot of a game called 'Wolfteam' online, and the awps on there killed you instantly if you hit anything other than the players hand.

What's your K/D at the moment? I used to do a little online proffesional gaming, around 2.5k/d with 30,000 kills etc. Wish I was able to play CoD.

Snipers are awful now. To stop quick scoping there is a delay from when you press lt to when you can steady it. So unless you are camping big time they are awful, plus virtually all of the Snipers rarely get a 1 shot kill.

What's your K/D at the moment? I used to do a little online proffesional gaming, around 2.5k/d with 30,000 kills etc. Wish I was able to play CoD.

Combat record says 1.20 if that's actually right, the kills look fairly realistic unlike the leaderboards which are screwed at the moment.

I was 1.11 on MW2 so I'm doing better although I did have a slow start on that tryinig to get used to the new controller as I moved onto PS3.

People are quickscoping, using the ACOG instead of the regular scope. Seems to work better apparently.

Personally, I don't see the point in sniper rifles anymore as none of the maps are really condusive to sniping. On the one hand, that's a good thing, but on the other I used to like sniping every now and then, just to mix it up. :frown:

It's tough to work out your K/D on this one, as it appears to do it by game mode, ie. if you're in Domination on the leaderboard then it doesn't show your overal K/D, just your 'captured/defended' stats (or as I like to call it, the 'Who camps the most' stats'!). If you switch to TDM, then it just shows your K/D for that gamemode, not the overall figures. Unless I'm mistaken.

It's tough to work out your K/D on this one, as it appears to do it by game mode, ie. if you're in Domination on the leaderboard then it doesn't show your overal K/D, just your 'captured/defended' stats (or as I like to call it, the 'Who camps the most' stats'!). If you switch to TDM, then it just shows your K/D for that gamemode, not the overall figures. Unless I'm mistaken.

If you go into your playercard, combat record then right click to weapons...as far as I can tell that's your overall record.

Combat record says 1.20 if that's actually right, the kills look fairly realistic unlike the leaderboards which are screwed at the moment.

I was 1.11 on MW2 so I'm doing better although I did have a slow start on that tryinig to get used to the new controller as I moved onto PS3.

I think that is spot on the average shooter KD. Anything about 1 is alright, 1.2 is a decent score.

I used to play with people who would have thousands and thousands of kills on other shooters with K/D's of 3.5 etc. They play WAY too much :D

Archived