Paul Green outstanding

hintonsboots

I thought Green had a reasonable first half but very good second half. He broke the play up, forcing errors from Pompey even if he didn't win the ball directly, thereby playing his part for the team.

Still doesn't shoot enough when he has a clear sight of the goal, he needs to copy Cywka's example and do some shooting practice in training.

Good replies. In my opinion many footballers don't shoot enough, or are not very good at that skill. More practice needed as Donny Ram says. The passing and movement off the ball is brilliant at the moment, with Moxey, Bailey, Green and Brayford the energy levels are top class, i would like to see the stats on how much ground they each cover in a game. Are these available anywhere?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good replies. In my opinion many footballers don't shoot enough, or are not very good at that skill. More practice needed as Donny Ram says. The passing and movement off the ball is brilliant at the moment, with Moxey, Bailey, Green and Brayford the energy levels are top class, i would like to see the stats on how much ground they each cover in a game. Are these available anywhere?

I'm sure RamNut will come up with some detailed stats shortly...:)

I made we angry when NC had a pop at Green in teh post match interview along the lines of "maybe he shud stay at right back if he plays in midfield like he did today". FFS, it was NC who picked and played him out of position just to allow his love child (sic) Pearson to play....the latter doing far less than Green or anyone else for that matter.

I made we angry when NC had a pop at Green in teh post match interview along the lines of "maybe he shud stay at right back if he plays in midfield like he did today". FFS, it was NC who picked and played him out of position just to allow his love child (sic) Pearson to play....the latter doing far less than Green or anyone else for that matter.

Green SHOULD be good there though, he does it for Ireland too.

I didn't think he was too bad personally, from the bits I saw.

When he picked the ball up he instantly looked to create something. Thing is he was playing deep so nearly everything in front of him was blue shirts. He played ok though when we had the ball imo.

I just thought him and Bailey were getting well and truly beaten in midfield. Their communication seemed non-existent.

Did anyone go to the Stoke friendly? Bailey and Green were magnificent together and Bailey sat while Green did the running. Worked very well. Well enough to try in a compettitve match.

Today it was nothing like that. They were both getting overrun in the middle. Gutted to see it fail so badly that the game was crying out for Savage. Green and Bailey never looked too bad to me. Just credit Leicester for limiting their options.

Sven seems to have got everyone very organised. Which you'd expect.

The horrible Mr Burns slimeball.

I take it you know more about man management than Nigel then?

I made we angry when NC had a pop at Green in teh post match interview along the lines of "maybe he shud stay at right back if he plays in midfield like he did today".

strange commment too given that he also substituted Pearson rather than Green.:confused:

When he picked the ball up he instantly looked to create something. Thing is he was playing deep so nearly everything in front of him was blue shirts. He played ok though when we had the ball imo.

I just thought him and Bailey were getting well and truly beaten in midfield. Their communication seemed non-existent.

Did anyone go to the Stoke friendly? Bailey and Green were magnificent together and Bailey sat while Green did the running. Worked very well. Well enough to try in a compettitve match.

Today it was nothing like that. They were both getting overrun in the middle. Gutted to see it fail so badly that the game was crying out for Savage. Green and Bailey never looked too bad to me. Just credit Leicester for limiting their options.

Sven seems to have got everyone very organised. Which you'd expect.

The horrible Mr Burns slimeball.

When I heard that Leicester were lining up with 5 in the middle I did have an uneasy feeling tbh. But Hey! We are 4th !! 3rd most wins in the league!! Come On!!!

I'm sure RamNut will come up with some detailed stats shortly...:)

Top Derby players according to the Actim Index......

Paul Green 230

John Brayford 212

Kris Commons 205

Shaun Barker 188

Tomasz Cywka 170

Dean Moxey 164

Dean Leacock 158

How is the Actim Index calculated?

Complex mathematical formulae were devised to calculate the value of each player’s contribution, match by match. In simple terms, the Actim Index comprises six calculations:

•Calculation 1 – Assesses a player’s contribution to a winning team, based on points won by the team when he appeared.

•Calculation 2 – Assesses a player’s performance in each game, by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance such as shots, tackles, clearances and saves. It also takes points away from players for negative actions such as yellow/red cards and shots off target.

•Calculation 3 – Allocates points based on time on the pitch.

•Calculation 4 – Allocates points for goal scorers.

•Calculation 5 – Allocates points for assists.

•Calculation 6 – Allocates points for clean sheets.

I know what's its based on I just find the stat thing all a bit funny sometimes, I think it should be used as help to the managers but do you think brian Clough and fergie ever bought a player due to their stats or did they go for ability? Didn't it say last year that Teale was in the top 3 for players running distance in our team.

I know what's its based on I just find the stat thing all a bit funny sometimes, I think it should be used as help to the managers but do you think brian Clough and fergie ever bought a player due to their stats or did they go for ability? Didn't it say last year that Teale was in the top 3 for players running distance in our team.

That's probably because he did indeed cover alot of ground for us, which alot of people didn't see because they were so busy hating on him.

Stats are what good managers see automatically when watching a match. Peter Taylor could look at a player for half an hour according to Brian Clough and he'd know exactly what the player could manage.

Archived