Paul Green outstanding

hintonsboots

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought the whole team were superb tonight, Paul Green was outstanding, any of the Anti Green brigade like to comment?;)

I aint in the anti green brigade but I wouldn't say outstanding.

In my eyes I thought moxey was best player then commons and green tied second but the whole team played exceptionally well yet again hard to pick a mom

I'm not a green fan but he played well tonight as did all the side. Does that mean we are wrong when we say he gives the ball away to much as he has a poor touch etc. We could point out that we have improved in the midfield area and keep the ball a lot better since he was removed from there and pushed forward where he can use what he is good at which is getting in the box using his energy

I'm not a green fan but he played well tonight as did all the side. Does that mean we are wrong when we say he gives the ball away to much as he has a poor touch etc.

Yes it does in my humble opinion, because he has many weaknesses to his game, but not those ones.

You only notice because his movement and involvement in the game means he receives the ball more often. He's always the second option, and he receives the ball in tight situations.

I like how you cut out the rest of my post which highlights my opinion. You should also read what nigel was saying in the week about green saying they feel he gives the ball away to much and its something they are working on with him. He seems to have noticed as well. He doesn't receive the ball more than bailey does in tight areas but bailey doesn't give the ball away as much.

I like how you cut out the rest of my post which highlights my opinion. You should also read what nigel was saying in the week about green saying they feel he gives the ball away to much and its something they are working on with him. He seems to have noticed as well. He doesn't receive the ball more than bailey does in tight areas but bailey doesn't give the ball away as much.

I wasn't cutting out your post because I wasn't reading it, I cut it out because that was the part that I was adressing.

I was using that to express my opinion.

I wasn't cutting out your post because I wasn't reading it, I cut it out because that was the part that I was adressing.

I was using that to express my opinion.

Yes but the bit you cut out I was highlighting that since green has moved out of the centre mid role our ball retention has improved greatly. Where he plays now suits him better, his strength for me is getting into good areas in the box and his endless running which is creating room for commons etc to recieve the ball. Anyway the two of us know we will debate this all day and night and never agree. He played well today but it doesnt mean that me and other with the same opinion are proved wrong.

Yes but the bit you cut out I was highlighting that since green has moved out of the centre mid role our ball retention has improved greatly. Where he plays now suits him better, his strength for me is getting into good areas in the box and his endless running which is creating room for commons etc to recieve the ball. Anyway the two of us know we will debate this all day and night and never agree. He played well today but it doesnt mean that me and other with the same opinion are proved wrong.

Well I was saying that I don't think they are his weaknesses at all in my humble opinion, although your opinion has more weight seen as our manager has made some comments which matches what you're arguing.

His passing must be ok if he's second in the assists table.

But as you say, we could argue this all day and we may both be wrong.

I guess I should rephrase my passing comment, he can play good passes as the one to Kuqi was a gem last week but his ball retention and first touch isnt good enough for me as a central midfield player. Its just the type of midfield player I like. I dont like addison in there much either, i think he is a centre half but thats another debate

I guess I should rephrase my passing comment, he can play good passes as the one to Kuqi was a gem last week but his ball retention and first touch isnt good enough for me as a central midfield player. Its just the type of midfield player I like. I dont like addison in there much either, i think he is a centre half but thats another debate

I think we should just accept that we're playing really well for large parts of games and that we're not Real Madrid! The difference in quality over the last few months is unbelievable. It's just not right to criticise anyone at the moment. Yes, they'll make the occasional mistake but compare and contrast that to the last 10 years!!

I think we should just accept that we're playing really well for large parts of games and that we're not Real Madrid! The difference in quality over the last few months is unbelievable. It's just not right to criticise anyone at the moment. Yes, they'll make the occasional mistake but compare and contrast that to the last 10 years!!

The two of us have been debating this for about a year. We have to moan about something

Green is second only to Taarbat in terms of assists in The Championship and he takes all their free kicks and corners, so Green may well be the top for open play assists.

Thats a really important stat as it shows Green is not just about running into the box and that he can make a decisive pass too. He is sloppy sometimes but its that "decisive" pass that makes the difference between a mediocre player and a great player, so maybe Greeny should be appreciated more by us fans

I must qualify this statement first I am not comparing Green to Xavi or Iniesta. :redface:

However they give the ball away more than is realised because they tend to lose it in the last third of the pitch and usually Barca / Spain work very hard to win the ball back immediately.

As long as Green is losing the ball in the last third trying to make things happen then I am OK with this

I thought Green had a reasonable first half but very good second half. He broke the play up, forcing errors from Pompey even if he didn't win the ball directly, thereby playing his part for the team.

Still doesn't shoot enough when he has a clear sight of the goal, he needs to copy Cywka's example and do some shooting practice in training.

Archived