Trick or Treaters

Day

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were having our V+ box delivered we was told that it could be any time between 8am - 7.30pm, at 8pm we rang Virgin to say it hadn't arrived and they gave us a tracking number for Home Delivery Network, now we have parcels delivered by them every week no problems, so thought it was abit weird.

Rang up and they asked us to hold whilst they looked at the drivers record, they said the driver arrived back in Ssausagehorpe at 7.40pm and tried to deliver at 7.25pm but our flat wasn't accessible, fair enough but we live in a terraced house and it takes longer around 40mins from our house to Ssausagehorpe.

I asked if his van had wings but she didn't laugh and said we need to make our house more visable to couriers and he would be back tomorrow between 8am - 7.30pm.

Tossbags

Feck off and get a job!

Oh you are mr. Grumpy!!

I've just done my annual trek around my neighborhood with my young 'un dressed as a ghost and while most people made an effort trimming up porches and stuff - one even baked halloween buns - some didn't even answer the doors. One even had a special poster asking people not to knock on their doors! I mean, what's that about??( Fair enough, pensioners and some others might be wary of folk hammering on their doors) but what happened to having a bit of fun, I used to love it when I was a kid, aswell as carol singing. Now the amount of bahumbugs living among us is on the up. One woman opened the door and closed it again straight away.

Come on folks, it's just a bit of fun. Mind you, I got a bit spooked earlier when Pennywise knocked on my door. Aaaarggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, I have a job:)

I don't understand Halloween.

One time it was a real Pagan festival, it was the celebration of the end of the 'light months' and the start of the 'dark months'.

The mexicans used to have a similiar thing where they dressed up and went around trying to scare off 'bad spirits'.

But this halloween is pointless, I don't see why it's still going. It's literally now only a commercial thing. For kids it's a bit of fun, but if it were scrapped I wouldn't be too bothered.

That's not me being miserable, i'm just baffled by how its survived all this time.

We've only had one group round tonigt so far, I opened the door as per norm. Instead of "Trick or Treat?!" I got "You got any crisps?", sweets in hand I asked for a trick - "err...boo?"

Fair does for a packet of sweet or similar but I'm not a takeaway...

If it was kids as in under 12's I wouldn't have such a problem, it's not even a polite knock at the door anymore it's a bang and everytime I've looked out they were at least 17/18, most of which were smoking fags with buckets in hands.

I feel for the old people in the area, they don't need chavs banging on the doors every 5 minutes.

Round here, there's an unwritten rule - if the house has a pumpkin or similar in the window, they're open to trick-or-treaters. So if they ain't got one, don't knock. Seems to work quite well.

Personally I try, around February, to buy some boiled sweets. By the time Halloween comes, they're well dried up and a bloody nightmare to eat.

Daveo, you've made the fatal mistake of giving cash. They then tell all their mates, so you never get left alone all night. Using the one simple trick above, they tell their mates not to bother. Simples!

Round here, there's an unwritten rule - if the house has a pumpkin or similar in the window, they're open to trick-or-treaters. So if they ain't got one, don't knock. Seems to work quite well.

Personally I try, around February, to buy some boiled sweets. By the time Halloween comes, they're well dried up and a bloody nightmare to eat.

Daveo, you've made the fatal mistake of giving cash. They then tell all their mates, so you never get left alone all night. Using the one simple trick above, they tell their mates not to bother. Simples!

Hope you have a good "scan" look for any haloween gear in the windows. Not all cobwebs are fake Gboro.

Archived