Trick or Treaters

Day

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 8yr old daughter complained as we drove back from my Mums about the lack of pumpkins in windows this year.. She said " Why don't people have fun for just one day a year anymore dad?"

Quite right to it's just a bit of fun nowadays and something the little ones can enjoy. Although we dont open the door to any older kids who are just basically scrounging

Careful with that camera, if you take their photo without their permission then you could be in trouble for breaching their human rights.

Think I'm joking? My next door neighbour was told this by the bobbies when he said he had photo's of some teenagers actually in the act of vandalising his property. Police couldn't use the pictures because they were taken without permission and told him to destroy them otherwise they may be asked to prosecute him. Not funny at all.....

Things like this irritate me. There is no reason as far as I'm aware to not do what your neighbour did. He was taking pictures of his own property, which he is entitled to do. Data Protection Act won't apply, as there is an exemption applied for data held for the prevention or detection of crime. No expectation of privacy can be asked when you're committing a criminal act in someone's private property - particularly when you have no right to be there.

Its fear and confusion, and a lack of understanding of the law, that people then presume they aren't allowed to do things that they can. And when the police cock up like that, they only make it worse.

Gboro, can you draw us up a list of what you can do and what you can't.

Oh, print it off, sign it, scan it, and post it back up again.

Cus if it says you are allowed to shoot cats on your own property, then I'm getting the .22 out later.

How is it silly or dangerous Joe? It's a bit of fun for the kids and not dangerous at all if parents go along with them.

Slighty off topic but all this pc and h&s crap got on my nerves ages ago. Now the do-gooders have seen fit to ban apple bobbing and conker matches. I mean, wth is that all about???

It's daft, daft and daft but a sad and sure sign of the namby pamby society we live in and have to put up with.

My sons costume cost a massive 2 quid from Tesco's. As for peodophiles? How on earth will the filthy b*st*rds get anywhere near my son while either myself or his dad are with him?? I can honestly say I've not seen any kids younger than 15 out trick or treating on their own and even the teens had a parent lurking at the end of the drive.

No perv is going to spoil my young 'un having a bit of fun with me by his side, got to let kids enjoy their childhood, as it should be.

Hallowe'en is not my cup of tea at all, but I don't object to the little ones knocking on the door (with an adult) and asking for sweets.

Like others have said, it's the older ones that spoil it. A group of chavs knocked on my neighbour's door this year and asked for beer. He refused, so they egged his car.

Shops in our area were refusing to sell eggs and flour to under 16's for about a week before halloween, bet they bought fireworks instead. :confused:

Vampires just aren't what they used to.

I prefer the days when they sucked blood, and not cock like they currently do (Twilight).

I tried not to - but that made me laff. :mad:

Archived