City breaks (or other ideas)

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes I loved Bruges. We stayed within walking distance of the bell tower so, a stroll around the city was easy.

Bruges was lovely - we stayed in one of those big canal barges which had been converted into a rather swank hotel.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Salzburg is great - interesting with its' castle, gardens, good restaurants and wonderful mountain scenery close by. We would also re-visit Verona (& Lake Garda), Sienna, Cologne, Budapest, Rome and Florence but give a miss to Pisa & Venice.

Plenty to choose from - we're looking forward to a few days in Northumberland in June.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Bruges was lovely - we stayed in one of those big canal barges which had been converted into a rather swank hotel.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Salzburg is great - interesting with its' castle, gardens, good restaurants and wonderful mountain scenery close by. We would also re-visit Verona (& Lake Garda), Sienna, Cologne, Budapest, Rome and Florence but give a miss to Pisa & Venice.

Plenty to choose from - we're looking forward to a few days in Northumberland in June.

Cheers. I thought Venice was alright (but busy) and Pisa worth a visit but you’d struggle to spend very long there. Love Lake Garda. I’ve been there three times (driven all the way each time) including visits to Verona. Been to Rome twice and I’d go again. 

Luxembourg City is also good.

Not been to Northumberland before so I’m looking forward to that in September.

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I think Salzburg is a great choice for a break for a weekend. It's a great town, doesn't feel too busy, some nice traditional places to eat/drink and its got great countryside around it. Airport is pretty small and very close to the city on a bus/taxi so you aren't messing around.

Edited by alexxxxx