NFL 2024 Season

Day

55 minutes ago, Day said:

Could have been Derby County, The Giraffes with a Giraffe as the badge and I’d still be a fan of this club.

Place of birth for me, born and raised. I didn’t choose Derby County, the club chose me. Imagine that will be the same for vast majority.

Others may have been indoctrinated through family etc.

I'd still have supported Derby if we'd have been called the Giraffe's toom. But maybe if I'd lived 4,000 miles away and knew nothing whatsoever about any team, I'd not have been attracted to a Giraffe.

Or maybe I would.

COYG

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Maybe you said, and I missed it, but what was your connection to the Vikings if it's not for the manly horns?

I saw the Rams play in Minneapolis in about 1989. We lost to a Jim Everett sack in OT. WTF loses to a sack?  I sat next to the great Kevin Greene's mum and dad.

All I can remember about the city is it was colder than Buxton.

I got a madden game when my dad brought a second hand Sega mega drive with games. When choosing a team to play as the purple and the name drew me in. It grew from there, casual fandom to complete obsesssion where its now also my “work”.

As a Derby and Derbyshire cricket fan it was the constant crippling disappointment that sealed the deal. I knew I was in the right place 🤦‍♂️

38 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Kirko just getting one of his 2 or 3 terrible games a season out the way early.

Ignore him @Carnero, he’s been saying that for years. It will be a grim season full stop. It’s the Falcons, you lot and Cousins it’s a perfect match.

Steelers will make the play offs, yet it will be in and out.

@jimbo jones will have you believe Kirk will cure cancer, land the first spaceship on Mars, figure out a truce between Putin and Zelensky and bring Freddie Mercury back from the dead.

19 minutes ago, Day said:

Ignore him @Carnero, he’s been saying that for years. It will be a grim season full stop. It’s the Falcons, you lot and Cousins it’s a perfect match.

Steelers will make the play offs, yet it will be in and out.

@jimbo jones will have you believe Kirk will cure cancer, land the first spaceship on Mars, figure out a truce between Putin and Zelensky and bring Freddie Mercury back from the dead.

I mean, not really, he’s a good QB who always has 2 or 3 terrible games a year. He's also old and coming off an injury and could be finished.

He certainly ain't no Sam Darnold 😂

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I mean, not really, he’s a good QB who always has 2 or 3 terrible games a year. He's also old and coming off an injury and could be finished.

He certainly ain't no Sam Darnold 😂

2 or 3, come on, and the rest. 

Wait, Sam Darnold now? Point proven.

7 minutes ago, Day said:

2 or 3, come on, and the rest. 

Wait, Sam Darnold now? Point proven.

Sam Darnold now what? No I’m not claiming Darnold is an elite QB 🤣

Kevin O’Connell is probably going to get someone to pay some decent money for him next season, where he will look terrible….Steelers being one of the prime candidates…

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Kevin O’Connell is probably going to get someone to pay some decent money for him next season, where he will look terrible….Steelers being one of the prime candidates…

Give it week 1, you will be calling him Captain Darnold and how he’s the best thing since sliced bread!

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Screenshot_20240908-213417.thumb.png.7e088784fc27ba30d229a3241e2ea8e8.png

Edited by SaintRam

Huge fan of Watson continuing to be absolutely horrific.

Big fan of the Steelers being good enough to win games, but being horrible at QB so will be stuck in purgatory forever without getting a top draft pick.

Lovely return for Joe Brrrilliantly Awful. Losing against the Patriots while being that bad? What on earth.

I wasn't that down on our loss to the Chiefs, but it looks better than I thought now Sunday is over.