Beckham to Leicester rumours put to bed

Alph

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that last line, could be implied that if things aren't going well you should just quit :confused:

Bugger that, if you believe it to be true, keep at it I suppose. Though you run the risk of looking an idiot if no-one else believes the same :p

I don't like that last line, could be implied that if things aren't going well you should just quit :confused:

Bugger that, if you believe it to be true, keep at it I suppose. Though you run the risk of looking an idiot if no-one else believes the same :p

I think it speaks more around the practice of not giving it a rest even when you're clearly wrong. ;)

I felt it appropriately placed towards the end of this thread. :D

Oh yeah, i never thought about it like that....logic..that's what it is..

what a load of tripe...have you ever seen a football match?

So now you're suggesting that there is no logic involved in football? No rational thought or decision making whatsoever? When you go out to play your 30 years of football to a decent standard, you remove your brain before stepping on to the field of play and alllow pure feral instinct to dictate your performance?

Well, I guess that would explain your "win at all costs and stuff entertaining the fans" approach to the game....

"Hulk smash, Hulk bash!" :eek:

So now you're suggesting that there is no logic involved in football? No rational thought or decision making whatsoever? When you go out to play your 30 years of football to a decent standard, you remove your brain before stepping on to the field of play and alllow pure feral instinct to dictate your performance?

Well, I guess that would explain your "win at all costs and stuff entertaining the fans" approach to the game....

"Hulk smash, Hulk bash!" :eek:

No, you are right, every tackle, every pass, every decisionis always logically thought through, the pros and cons are all weighed up, the outcomes analysed and then finally a decision is made..

Live in the real world....and actually go and see a match once in a while.

Wembley....Wembley....oh wait...you don't know where that is do you?

No, you are right, every tackle, every pass, every decisionis always logically thought through, the pros and cons are all weighed up, the outcomes analysed and then finally a decision is made..

Live in the real world....and actually go and see a match once in a while.

Wembley....Wembley....oh wait...you don't know where that is do you?

So your saying there is no thought whatsoever in a player's decisions when he's on the field?

Ahh, that must be why a foul is unavoidable then, because they don't think about the bad tackle they are about to make, whereas if they thought about it for a split second, they may avoid it.

Also, you fail to take into account deliberate fouls, they're avoidable

So your saying there is no thought whatsoever in a player's decisions when he's on the field?

Ahh, that must be why a foul is unavoidable then, because they don't think about the bad tackle they are about to make, whereas if they thought about it for a split second, they may avoid it.

Also, you fail to take into account deliberate fouls, they're avoidable

How many games have you seen with no fouls.? just roughly, go on, have a guess... what a joke

How many games have you seen with no fouls.? just roughly, go on, have a guess... what a joke
Your a bit of an idiot aren't you? I'm not saying there are games without fouls. What I am saying, is that fouls CAN be avoided by making a different decision. Having a foul in a game is almost inevitable, but the fouls themselves can always be avoided.

Actually Michel, I think the truth is somewhere in between. But when you make an absolute statement like, "Fouls are unavoidable" you leave yourself no room for manoeuvre.

the only way we could make fouls avoidable is if we never made a tackle or played off side or hand ball or broke any of the other 1 million rules...

the only way we could make fouls avoidable is if we never made a tackle or played off side or hand ball or broke any of the other 1 million rules...

No-one has said they don't happen, but there are two choices, commit a foul or don't commit a foul. That's the way it is, you choose not to commit a foul and then you avoid it.

There you go again, you're saying that a tackle equals a foul. I've been to loads of games and played in loads of games and I've seen loads of tackles that have not resulted in fouls. I've even seen games at Wembley where tackles didn't result in fouls (although apparently if I didn't go to the play-off final then I've never been to Wembley.....)

Off-side is not a foul. It does result in free kick but it's not a foul and does not carry the risk of a booking to the offending player.

P.S. I'm talking about Association Football - are you? Sounds like you're thinking of a diffferent game altogether, some kind of non-contact sport like Basketball, or maybe Netball?

There you go again, you're saying that a tackle equals a foul. I've been to loads of games and played in loads of games and I've seen loads of tackles that have not resulted in fouls. I've even seen games at Wembley where tackles didn't result in fouls (although apparently if I didn't go to the play-off final then I've never been to Wembley.....)

Off-side is not a foul. It does result in free kick but it's not a foul and does not carry the risk of a booking to the offending player.

P.S. I'm talking about Association Football - are you? Sounds like you're thinking of a diffferent game altogether, some kind of non-contact sport like Basketball, or maybe Netball?

Wembley...Wembley...we are the famous Derby County.....oh sorry..you don't know that one..

Fouls are fouls, regardless of whether a card is shown. And it is impossible to go through a 90 minute game of football without any being commited....completely impossible.

Wembley...Wembley...we are the famous Derby County.....oh sorry..you don't know that one..

Fouls are fouls, regardless of whether a card is shown. And it is impossible to go through a 90 minute game of football without any being commited....completely impossible.

Your point about Wembley is completely irrelevent.

No-one is saying that fouls don't happen. What we are trying to say that, in the individual situation, a foul is AVOIDABLE. My God, you are impossibly dim.

Impossible, no. Unlikely, yes. Oh, and "Completely impossible" is a nonsense phrase - something is either impossible or it's not. For something to be completely impossible suggests that it's also able to be incompletely or partially impossible - and of course that cannot be true. Another straightforward logical step, but logic and rationality seems to be your Kryptonite.

I never said a foul was only a foul if you got a card for it - try taking the time to read and understand a post before replying to it for a change. I was trying to illustrate the difference between a foul challenge and an off-side decision since you seemed to be confused between the 2 totally different things, but this is clearly something else that's beyond you. 30 years playing at a decent standard, and you still can't understand the difference between a foul and an off-side.....

Anway, Beckham's not going to Leicester but Sven would love to have him if he came available. You're not a Leicester fan (or maybe you are....? Would explain a few things.....) so no need to worry about it. You strongly dislike Beckham, some other people think he's awesome, most people are somewhere in between and everyone is right in their own mind because it's just a personal opinion. He's not coming to Derby so no need for the rest of us to worry/panic/smile/laugh/break into shouts of joy unbounded.

Archived