Beckham to Leicester rumours put to bed

Alph

If the petulant little child hadn't kicked him he would have had no reason to be rolling around on the floor would he...???????

And if Simeone hadn't taken him out and put him on the floor in a foul challenge then he wouldn't have been on the floor and in a position to kick Simeone, would he? But of course, Simeone is quite justified in fouling this particular opponent because that goes to further your own prejudices against one of the most capped players in England's history. Never let rational thought get in the way of prejudice, eh?

It was over 12 years ago, the rest of the world has moved on, move on with it or become an obsolete relic, your choice.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the petulant little child hadn't kicked him he would have had no reason to be rolling around on the floor would he...???????

If by kick you mean 'tap with his foot' of course.......

We all do stupid things in the heat of the moment, he was annoyed by the diving. I et hugely annoyed by that when only watching the game, i'd probably do worse if wound up enough.

He's only human. You've got a vendetta against him anyway so this thread is pointless.

And if Simeone hadn't taken him out and put him on the floor in a foul challenge then he wouldn't have been on the floor and in a position to kick Simeone, would he? But of course, Simeone is quite justified in fouling this particular opponent because that goes to further your own prejudices against one of the most capped players in England's history. Never let rational thought get in the way of prejudice, eh?

It was over 12 years ago, the rest of the world has moved on, move on with it or become an obsolete relic, your choice.....

A foul in a football game is unavoidable, everyone gives them away...what is COMPLETELY avoidable is kicking out at someone like a mardy little 9 year old.

Beckham's sending off against Argentina in '98 probably did cost us the match, but it's a bit far-fetched to suggest that he cost us the WC. Let's not forget that we were only playing Argentina because we'd already lost to Romania. Even had we beaten Argentina then Holland lay in wait in the QFs with Bergkamp at his best. If we'd won that then we'd have played Brazil, task enough in itself. Providing that we beat Brazil then it would have been a great France side in the final.

Concluding that Beckham cost us the WC in '98 is preposterous.

As for 2002, you're on even shakier ground. Beckham's fault, amongst others, to let Brazil back into it, but far more blame to go around for not being able to make a numerical advantage work in our favour for the last half hour, and the little matter of Ronaldinho's ridiculous freekick that somehow managed to find its way into the net.

If fouls are unavaoidable then why are they against the rules of the game? When has a ref ever said, "I know you can't avoid committing fouls, but I'm going to hold you responsible and send you off anyway."? Honestly, you really do have a particularly strange view of the world sometimes.....:confused:

If fouls are unavaoidable then why are they against the rules of the game? When has a ref ever said, "I know you can't avoid committing fouls, but I'm going to hold you responsible and send you off anyway."? Honestly, you really do have a particularly strange view of the world sometimes.....:confused:

How many times have you ever played a game of football?

I have played at a decent standard for the last 30 years, and also watched 1000's of games live all over the world and I am still yet to see any game that hasn't had a foul in it.....it is part of the game, if a foul WAS avoidable then there would never ever ever be a penalty...and you think that I am the one with a strange view of the world..?

You said "Fouls are unavoidable". I say that's not true. Challenges are avoidable, and the player has the ability to decide how to challenge and when. It's when he makes a wrong decision that a foul is committed. Since a foul is a result of a decision making process, then a foul is avoidable. Simple logic really.

You said "Fouls are unavoidable". I say that's not true. Challenges are avoidable, and the player has the ability to decide how to challenge and when. It's when he makes a wrong decision that a foul is committed. Since a foul is a result of a decision making process, then a foul is avoidable. Simple logic really.

Oh yeah, i never thought about it like that....logic..that's what it is..

what a load of tripe...have you ever seen a football match?

erm....by putting his penalty into row Z and then looking like a child at the turf?

Everyone misses penalties, and the other team had clearly messed up the penalty spot turf, the next player up even smoothed it out before he took his.

You seem to have taken this to heart for some reason. God knows why.

Didn't Garrard miss as well,

Gerrard was subbed I think?

Captain Fantastic missed the FIRST penalty, Vassell missed too.

Like I said right at the start...Over rated...Over paid...Over hyped...and please please please keep him Over there...and NEVER let him beat Shilton's record..!!

Archived