Beckham to Leicester rumours put to bed

Alph

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your point about Wembley is completely irrelevent.

No-one is saying that fouls don't happen. What we are trying to say that, in the individual situation, a foul is AVOIDABLE. My God, you are impossibly dim.

Wrong on all three accounts.

Wembley...anyone who didn't go...shame on you..

Fouls...unavoidable...simple as that.

Me dim..nope not one bit...but thanks for worrying...now quick get back to your homework, half term finishes tomorrow and I bet you haven't done your project on ox bow lakes..

Kris, wouldn't you just love to know what he's taking......?:confused:

Just living in the real world Wembley bunny that's all, the one where fouls are commited, Beckham is over rated, giraffes last longer without water than camels and every fan worth their salt goes to Wembley to see their team...

Just living in the real world Wembley bunny that's all, the one where fouls are commited, Beckham is over rated, giraffes last longer without water than camels and every fan worth their salt goes to Wembley to see their team...

Well, I went to Wembley and I know, that while fouls happen, they can be avoided. If you can't see any different, then your an idiot. And you don't get homework at University, it's where you go when you ahve more than half a braincell

So that'll be the same world where every challenge results in a foul, off-side calls are also known as fouls, everyone walking/running onto a football pitch is required to remove their brain first because it's not required at any point during the game.... yep, sounds very "real world" to me.....

There is such a thing as a "good foul", allows you to bring players back behind the ball by giving away a free kick in a non-dangerous position.

There are fouls which are a little naughty that are meant to let the opposition know you are on the pitch (Savage).

There are fouls which are the result of an ongoing rivalry (Keane & Vieira)

There are also fouls which are not intentional.

Simone's tackle on Beckham was a little naughty, he had no chance of getting the ball and I think he knew exactly what he was doing as he barged into the back of Beckham. Beck's reaction was stupid although understandable as a human, he isn't the first player to react to a foul, nor will he be the last.

That is all, thank you.

(Oh and I was able to say that without the petty name calling)

They'd be fouls that could be avoided then.:rolleyes:

Of course some fouls are avoidable, and I'm not talking about offsides, I'm talking about meaty tackles.

Robbie Savage: "You've all seen me play and you won't be surprised to hear that my philosophy has always been that, if you're able to let your opponent know you're there inside the first 10 minutes, make it happen. Hard and fair."

Robbie will know full well that some of these "hard and fair" tackles will be given as fouls. I'm guessing it's a good foul in Savages mind, let the player know I'm on the pitch early on and as it is early on I'm less likely to get booked.

Does Savage need to do this? of course not but he does and so do many other midfielders.

Things that are unavoidable:

Trolleys left in the middle of the isle in Asda, arguments with the missus in Asda, people entering through the exit and exiting through the enterance in Asda, kids running riot while parents park their trolley across the isle and spent an hour deciding on which brand of Beans to get in Asda.

here's some help...... get the beans you got last week and use some common sense you f*cking moron.

Things that are avoidable:

Having a quick, pain free shop in Asda. Enjoying a merry walk down isles where people put their trolleys to one side to look around in Asda, finding a checkout where a customer is paying cash and will be done nice and quick in Asda.

and finally, an argument about fouls is avoidable. *see previous pages for proof* ;)

Michel - did you ever play for Wycombe in your 30 years of football at a decent standard? Did you have to leave the country and change your name after this particular tackle?

My immediate thought was to sing, "Everybody was kung fu fightiiiing.....Hyah!"

Was he attempting to block the guys tackle or did he just flip?

Archived