The 2024 Motorsports Thread

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hats of to Charles Leclerc and Ferrari, and a missed opportunity again for Lando and McLaren.

And congratulations to Marc Marquez for taking the win at Aragon.

Superb from Marc, utterly dominant all weekend - but a horrible crash between his brother Alex and Pecco... hope they're both ok..

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apparently, Aston Martin are making moves to tempt max Verstappen himself after hiring AN.

I'm highly amused by the idea of max being made to do "Lance Stroll will be world champion, for sure" media bits and being ordered to move over for Lance, given the crappy strategy each time etc etc.

Yes! What a dream team we could have. Fernando Alonso, an all time great, alongside a future legend Max Verstappen!! Lawrence, this would be brilliant. 

Wait! Why is Fernando clearing his locker?

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apparently, Aston Martin are making moves to tempt max Verstappen himself after hiring AN.

I'm highly amused by the idea of max being made to do "Lance Stroll will be world champion, for sure" media bits and being ordered to move over for Lance, given the crappy strategy each time etc etc.

Red Bull's self-implosion, hastened no end by Newey jumping ship, is an utter delight. Hubris to humiliation and all directly atrtributable to Hornyboy's sexting habit. If Temu did Shakespearean tragedy...

It also seems that without asymmetric braking systems, their car is a bit gash anyway, so they've now reverted to their favourite pastime of whining to the FIA that everyone else is cheating. I don't even care what anyone says, that s*** is hilarious!

Anyway, 2026 F1 Champion, come on down, Lance Stroll...

God bless America 🤣

14 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Red Bull's self-implosion, hastened no end by Newey jumping ship, is an utter delight. Hubris to humiliation and all directly atrtributable to Hornyboy's sexting habit. If Temu did Shakespearean tragedy...

It also seems that without asymmetric braking systems, their car is a bit gash anyway, so they've now reverted to their favourite pastime of whining to the FIA that everyone else is cheating. I don't even care what anyone says, that s*** is hilarious!

Anyway, 2026 F1 Champion, come on down, Lance Stroll...

God bless America 🤣

Oh Canada,

He's no jaque veillnurve....

<Salutes beavers>

Well done Charlie.

Oh dear Lando.

WTF Williams (although booting Logan looking the right move for sure)

WTF Checo!

Ok, let's hope for a good race today. Lando coming through should be entertaining, piastri v Charles for the win, how many laps for max to get past Perez (2?, 3?, by turn 1? Still, he'll have been fuming all night)

Can Williams get more points?

Will bearman grab a point?

This is a track I never thought I'd like but has had some good moments, hopefully more today.

Fantastic climax to the race, Norris recovering to actually gain points on Verstappen and McClaren taking the lead in the constructors championship.

I put the crash down to Perez, he could easily see that was going to happen and had plenty of room to move over, whereas Sainz, blinded by the sun, couldn't see what was going on behind him.

I'd agree overall with the stewards decision that the Sainz and Perez crash was a racing incident, however it would've been real easy for Checo to avoid it - sometimes it's better to finish in P4, but, hey, that's racing.

Great drive from piastri.

Great day for McLaren overall.

Blinding day for Williams.

Hilariously bad day for red bull.

The Baku track looks and feels like it should suck but has a knack of throwing up eventful races.