Warne Out - Crowdfund

tinman

10 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

You can't seriously think Mac wasn't good enough to win us promotion?

I assume this is a joke

Was he good enough to get us promoted at Wembley when we lost 1-0 to QPR despite them having 10 men?

Was he good enough to get us promoted the following season when we sat in 1st place on three separate occasions, but then didn't even make the play-offs on the final day, losing 3-0 to Reading on the final day, when all we needed was a draw?

Was he good enough to get us promoted when he came back and didn't even last a year before he was sacked for only winning 1 game out of 9?

Honestly - the stuff people come out with

6 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I assume this is a joke

Was he good enough to get us promoted at Wembley when we lost 1-0 to QPR despite them having 10 men?

Was he good enough to get us promoted the following season when we sat in 1st place on three separate occasions, but then didn't even make the play-offs on the final day, losing 3-0 to Reading on the final day, when all we needed was a draw?

Was he good enough to get us promoted when he came back and didn't even last a year before he was sacked for only winning 1 game out of 9?

not on that day, but the qpr game was genuinely unlucky, i mean they had one shot on goal the whole match. If he'd joined from the start of the season he probably would of got us automatic promotion

yes, but the whole spine of the team got ripped out through injuries

we'll never know as he was only there 5 months. As for only winning 1 game out of 9, have you just made that up? At least check your stats before using them in your argument. 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

As for only winning 1 game out of 9, have you just made that up? At least check your stats before using them in your argument. 

From the BBC - did they get it wrong. Apologies if so

image.png.a4b81847f3f407bb1485630e4a4c55bb.png

I'm not even sure that you realise you are confirming my argument. All managers would be successful if only for a, b and c being slightly different, so what is the point in continually calling for managers to be sacked when they don't win a game that you personally believe they should have won? It's one of the worst elements of football fandom

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

From the BBC - did they get it wrong. Apologies if so

image.png.a4b81847f3f407bb1485630e4a4c55bb.png

I'm not even sure that you realise you are confirming my argument. All managers would be successful if only for a, b and c being slightly different, so what is the point in continually calling for managers to be sacked when they don't win a game that you personally believe they should have won? It's one of the worst elements of football fandom

I've just checked the results again and I misread one of them so i apologise for that. It was 1 in 9. It was somewhat of a tough run of fixtures though, Aston Villa, Brighton, Blackburn, Cardiff, Leeds, Newcastle were all in there. Interestingly he only lost 1 of the first 13 so proving he could do it.

I dont believe in continually sacking managers. But I, like many others on here have not seen enough to believe that warne is capable of achieving with us. I am all for sticking with a manager and giving him time, but he has to be the right one and earn that by improving players, showing good performances, building an identity, genuinely looking like he's moving things forward. Warne has not managed any of that so in my opinion has not earned the right to more time.