Super Nigel Clough

peachmyster

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you imagine Idiakez in the current team?

In the Savage role but with a better eye for a pass. Problem is, we'd have noone to break up play, much like Savage is now. An in-form (and much younger) Idiakez would walk into our side at the mo, definitely.

Mr Burley resigned and wasn't sacked. He is also a Manager that I have huge admiration for.

Enough with the inuendo already! Burley was a decent manager but really...

Out of curiosity Beelzebub old chap, what will it take for Mr. Clough to prove himself worthy of your acceptance, if not support? A Play-Off Spot, Promotion to the Premiership, winning the League or FA Cup, winning the Premiership, the Champions League, death followed by resurrection and glorious ascent into heaven?

He's making some promising progress but, let's see if he keeps his nerve when the going gets tough.

Someone like Warnock is what i call a proper Manager at this level or, indeed Dave Jones. They produce results year in , year out and are clearly ambitious and impatient for success. I'm not sure Mr Clough is but, hope I'm proved wrong.

Mr Clough's record with us is still very modest and if it were not for his apparent lack of ambition being mirrored by the Board, I supect other owners may have asked him to get his coat and hat already.

Still, I do hope he proves me wrong but, I believe my judgement on Mr Clough , and the Board which I expressed from the outset, have been fully endorsed by subsequent developments.

He's making some promising progress but, let's see if he keeps his nerve when the going gets tough.

Someone like Warnock is what i call a proper Manager at this level or, indeed Dave Jones. They produce results year in , year out and are clearly ambitious and impatient for success. I'm not sure Mr Clough is but, hope I'm proved wrong.

Mr Clough's record with us is still very modest and if it were not for his apparent lack of ambition being mirrored by the Board, I supect other owners may have asked him to get his coat and hat already.

Still, I do hope he proves me wrong but, I believe my judgement on Mr Clough , and the Board which I expressed from the outset, have been fully endorsed by subsequent developments.

I think you have misjudged Mr. Clough. He is building a long term future for our club from the academy up and is getting reults quicker than I would have expected or hoped for given the financial restraints apparently imposed on him by the board. Sometime in the next 3 years we will be playing Premiership football again and will have a squad of young, confident players who will hopefully be capable of staying up long enough to allow Cloughie to add the quality he will need to make us competitive at that level. It seems so clear to me that we are headed in the right direction again. We really do look like Brazil sometimes...especially away! :rolleyes:

I see what you're saying, and I agree with you in parts of this post, but I think your definition of ambition seems a bit different to mine.

Was the going not tough when he took over and last season?He has brought good players to the club and we`re playing good football thus far and things are looking up.

The difficulty I have at the moment is that Nigel is taking a back seat at games, Metgod's the one in the technical area and we are playing Dutch style football. Here's the dilemma, who is the driving force at the moment Clough or Metgod?

You can argue that Metgod wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Clough and vice-versa, if it wasn't for our turn around in results. You could say that it is what it is, a management partnership, just like his father before.

What I see is Metgod apparently taking the lead role in team matters and strategy. Seeing as we are debating Super Nigel Clough, just wondered what others thought on this matter:confused:

Mr Burley resigned and wasn't sacked. He is also a Manager that I have huge admiration for.

Where did your admiration for Burley come from? Before he came to Derby? Or if it was whilst he was here? If it was here then so far Clough's record is comparable to Burley's so far and would that mean if Clough gets us to the play offs this season would you then have a huge admiration for him?

Its Nigel's job to berate the 4th official when a throw in is awarded the wrong way.

That's as far as Nigel is allowed to go these days. Rammie told him off pre-season about his bad influence on the kids.

The kneegate affair, the fines and the touchline bans are now firmly behind him...

Your "witty" comments has oft made me smile and I always thought that you have a decent knowledge of this this game called football, but you have now destroyed even that thought with your "Warnock is what I call a proper manager" quote.

Stick to cricket.

Your "witty" comments has oft made me smile and I always thought that you have a decent knowledge of this this game called football, but you have now destroyed even that thought with your "Warnock is what I call a proper manager" quote.

Stick to cricket.

Sorry to have let you down Big Lad. Purely talking about ability to build a successful Championship Team and not the "baggage" that goes with him and the likes of Wee Billy.

Archived