Ocean Temperature (strictly apolitical)

MaltRam

48 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I did. It was the basis of the two posts just before you said "but this is all political". 

The whole climate change / net zero issue is totally political now and has been for some time 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But it shouldn’t be. Facts are facts.

Climate change doesn’t really care if you’re right or left. 

Totally agree, in fact there is only one person on this forum who seems intent on making a political issue. Thankfully the banning of that topic means we can discuss climate change in a non-political way

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

But it shouldn’t be. Facts are facts.

Climate change doesn’t really care if you’re right or left. 

Why then do we have oil companies donating to certain parties and supposedly getting grants and tax breaks whilst we have green energy millionaires donating to and getting grants and tax breaks from another party , one green energy millionaire has just stopped funding just stop oil because he was called out on it ,, as I say crack on but let’s at least be honest and not deny climate change is hugely political issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Why then do we have oil companies donating to certain parties and supposedly getting grants and tax breaks whilst we have green energy millionaires donating to and getting grants and tax breaks from another party , one green energy millionaire has just stopped funding just stop oil because he was called out on it ,, as I say crack on but let’s at least be honest and not deny climate change is hugely political issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

Semantics, but I didn’t say it isn’t. I just said it shouldn’t be.

When the seas boil, it’ll effect the billionaires yachts just as much as it effects the rest of us. It really makes me sad to see the oil companies putting profits over the greater good. 

I know there are people making millions off green energy too, but they’re the ones who should be millionaires (if anyone should). Forward thinking and innovation should be rewarded. Living in the 19th century should be disincentivised as much as possible.

and none of that is a political, woke, green agenda. It’s just a fact of life. Adapt or die. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Semantics, but I didn’t say it isn’t. I just said it shouldn’t be.

When the seas boil, it’ll effect the billionaires yachts just as much as it effects the rest of us. It really makes me sad to see the oil companies putting profits over the greater good. 

I know there are people making millions off green energy too, but they’re the ones who should be millionaires (if anyone should). Forward thinking and innovation should be rewarded. Living in the 19th century should be disincentivised as much as possible.

and none of that is a political, woke, green agenda. It’s just a fact of life. Adapt or die. 

Only posted again in reply , not really a place for different views as we see from some posts ( yourself not included ) it’s a political and ideological issue and that’s probably what will hinder finding decent answers and ways forward , we will be going down a lot of beta max blind allies that do just as much damage if not more than where we are now , we already see certain techs being financed and pushed and others which may be better being half ignored , stuff like tidal, carbon capture , the advancement in current engines , synthetic fuels ect , there was an interesting piece in the times regards the cost of battery to store 24 hours of power to run the U.K. with our flagship wind power very clearly intermittent,

anyway enough about that kind of stuff , it’s really not welcome here  though from your post I reply to , you clearly look at it in a sensible open way 👍

Edited by Archied