A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I believe it was to add height up front 😳. We all know that Dave Watson was a far better striker than Ohh Bobby Bobby!

i thought he took a knock? and we we trying to save him for the relegation battle. We were due to play Brighton 3 days later and a win would have put us in touching distance of Fulham, Oldham and Palace who we were trying to catch.

In the end we lost 3-0 and were a good few points off safety.

At work at present but i will have look when i get home and see if there is anything in the records.

45 minutes ago, admira said:

80. Year, opponents and memories. We gave someone a 5-0 spanking at home. Goals not necessarily in the correct order.

image.png.c5c5a99715ff39087f2c7becf8ed158d.png

Arsenal 1972 when we gave Bob Wilson a bad back!!

The memorable goal is Hinton's into the Normanton End where he rifled a right foot thunderbolt past hapless Bob.

This spell is the best i have seen Derby ever play from whacking Benfica at Home to drawing with Newcastle, amazingly it came to an end when we got beat at the Victoria Ground stoke. 4-0 !!!

Stoke had the indian sign on us that season as they also thrashed us at the BBG.

12 hours ago, I DONT MIND said:

Arsenal 1972 when we gave Bob Wilson a bad back!!

The memorable goal is Hinton's into the Normanton End where he rifled a right foot thunderbolt past hapless Bob.

This spell is the best i have seen Derby ever play from whacking Benfica at Home to drawing with Newcastle, amazingly it came to an end when we got beat at the Victoria Ground stoke. 4-0 !!!

Stoke had the indian sign on us that season as they also thrashed us at the BBG.

The Stoke team of 1972 was the best in their history tbf. They were FA Cup Semi-Finalists in 1971 and 1972, won the League Cup in 72 and finished 4th that year. 

I was at school surrounded by Stokies back then and remember it well, They won the League Cup in March, the first trophy they'd ever won and were full of it. By May Derby had won the League and that shut the chipeaters up!!!!

50 odd years later i still take the pish out of a few clayheads of my age about it. I am that sad.

1 hour ago, admira said:

81. Year, opponents and memories. 5-1 at home.

image.thumb.png.3818b5700ce9238311d04d2f79a635c1.png

I think this is Fulham, who got back to 1-1 before we properly got to work. Wouldn't have known the year other than it's Christie rather than Wisdom and the game was early in the season... so 2014?

2 hours ago, admira said:

I knew the game, but not the year. I was on the Popside as usual that day. Goddard and Saunders really were a fantastic partnership. Certainly on a par with Hector and O'Hare for me. I'd be more than happy to have either of those partnerships in their prime playing for us now 😉.

1 hour ago, I DONT MIND said:

1993 v Cremonese in the Anglo Italian Cup Final at Wembley. Ouch, can't remember much about the day itself! Definitely went in the Galleon Inn before though, i think there were 36000 + for Derby there.

And Martin Taylor saved a penalty.