DCFC Fans Archive Photo Collection 1999/2000

Stive Pesley

Completely random post I realise, but back in the late 90s I did some work on the DCFC website - back when it used to look a bit like this (but without the broken image tags)

image.png.aac282f37e0b88f4f4ab1bcbccaf8ecd.png

Anyway, when clearing out the office we found a folder full of old photo prints of match days and training sessions with loads of fans, which we must have been given for potential inclusion in news articles. All dated 1999/2000

I was thinking it would be good to somehow share these, as I find it hard to believe that there isn't someone on here who isn't going to recognise someone in the pictures. Trouble is that I can't work out the best way to share them online so that people can idly scroll through them

Any ideas?

Example pic

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.437d5361198788a2a8fc57892f5b8848.jpg

11 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Completely random post I realise, but back in the late 90s I did some work on the DCFC website - back when it used to look a bit like this (but without the broken image tags)

image.png.aac282f37e0b88f4f4ab1bcbccaf8ecd.png

Anyway, when clearing out the office we found a folder full of old photo prints of match days and training sessions with loads of fans, which we must have been given for potential inclusion in news articles. All dated 1999/2000

I was thinking it would be good to somehow share these, as I find it hard to believe that there isn't someone on here who isn't going to recognise someone in the pictures. Trouble is that I can't work out the best way to share them online so that people can idly scroll through them

Any ideas?

Example pic

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.437d5361198788a2a8fc57892f5b8848.jpg

Not very techy, but how about Google Photos?  (Formerly Picassa).

Can upload all pics to a new album.  Share the whole album to those with a link (Or can share individual pics within that album) .  Put link(s) on here.

Pretty sure that will work, and pretty sure the viewers don't need an account to view the pics. 

I recall doing something similar for some tent related pics on a camping forum, as it was easier than following their rules and restrictions (The forum police, not Google!) to embed pics in a forum post!   🤷‍♂️ 

EDIT:
Just re-read... it seems you have actual photos scattered over your desk, not on the computer!  I think I messed up!  Sorry!  🙄😁

Edited by Mucker1884

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not very techy, but how about Google Photos?  (Formerly Picassa).

Can upload all pics to a new album.  Share the whole album to those with a link (Or can share individual pics within that album) .  Put link(s) on here.

Pretty sure that will work, and pretty sure the viewers don't need an account to view the pics. 

I recall doing something similar for some tent related pics on a camping forum, as it was easier than following their rules and restrictions (The forum police, not Google!) to embed pics in a forum post!   🤷‍♂️ 

EDIT:
Just re-read... it seems you have actual photos scattered over your desk, not on the computer!  I think I messed up!  Sorry!  🙄😁

Yes - they are physical prints (and some positive films) but I'm in the process of scanning them all. There aren't as many as I thought because quite a lot are of this same lad

IMG_0011.jpg

5 hours ago, SKHunter said:

Finished 16th the league?

Yes from finishing 8th, an improvement on the 9th in the previous season, to a season that saw the sales of Stimac, Wanchope, Sturridge who weren't replaced. 

Fuertes' passport being a knockoff. Etc

And only just surviving.

It was the start of the end.