Fire Stick data

FindernRam

I have an Amazon Fire Stick driving the Bedroom TV. Not on much, just morning Breakfast for news. Realised checking my Broadband usage that every weekend this little device uses about 70 Gb of data during the night. Its total capacity is quite small so does anyone know what it is doing with this? The up load is about 10Gb. 

I'm on unlimited so there is no cost implication, but I am concerned what it is doing!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Popular Days

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I have an Amazon Fire Stick driving the Bedroom TV. Not on much, just morning Breakfast for news. Realised checking my Broadband usage that every weekend this little device uses about 70 Gb of data during the night. Its total capacity is quite small so does anyone know what it is doing with this? The up load is about 10Gb. 

I'm on unlimited so there is no cost implication, but I am concerned what it is doing!

Is it connected to a camera? 👀

No. Just the TV. All the other connected devices to my broadband are showing only trivial usage. I should have said this happens at night.

Google suggests lots of people have this but there is no verified cause I can find.

7 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Is this a fire stick that is being used to watch...ahem...various channels around the world, or standard Netflix, Prime apps and that's it?

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I do now, but I was curious why in standby it is sucking data like a kid with an ice pop.

I can only think it could be Amazon running some kind of diagnostic testing during the night. Probably find something buried in the settings.