147 in World Final by Mark Selby

Curtains

12 hours ago, Curtains said:

Take a bow son 

Mark Selby looked so happy after his maximum break,it is going to be one hell of a final today.I think Selby has the guile and experience to beat Brecel who is playing in his first crucible final

Take a bow son 

Occasionally I flick on the Snooker and happened to do so half way through that frame; getting position for the final red and potting was incredible, knew he’d do it after that.

Also Brecel is some player 

I’d seen a bit of the match with Ronnie, he effectively blew him away. Can’t believe he’d never won at the Crucible before.

Brecel's game v Si was brilliant and deserved to be a final. 

Compared to the negative shithousery of Selby v Allen. The most boring, low quality semi final that dragged on for like 13 or 14 hours. 

Brecel, Si and guys like Lisowski are a breath of fresh air. Was routing for Si but hopefully Brecel seals it and it's the reward for aggressive attacking snooker over "match players" 

4 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Occasionally I flick on the Snooker and happened to do so half way through that frame; getting position for the final red and potting was incredible, knew he’d do it after that.

I’d seen a bit of the match with Ronnie, he effectively blew him away. Can’t believe he’d never won at the Crucible before.

He’s 14-10 up now so we could have a new World Champion 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Brecel's game v Si was brilliant and deserved to be a final. 

Compared to the negative shithousery of Selby v Allen. The most boring, low quality semi final that dragged on for like 13 or 14 hours. 

Brecel, Si and guys like Lisowski are a breath of fresh air. Was routing for Si but hopefully Brecel seals it and it's the reward for aggressive attacking snooker over "match players" 

I’ve like the Leicester lad though.  

Love snooker 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ve like the Leicester lad though.  

Love snooker 

Yeah I'm not against Selby. But I thought the way Si and Brecel have approached the tournament deserves a win and it's nice to see new talent emerge against the old faces. 

Just now, Zag zig said:

Just seen the result, new champion and little bits I’ve seen he’s as n exciting player. Good for snooker a new nationality as champ too.

Such a good Final .

The Jester got back to 16-15 and missed a Black in next frame. 

Luca very polished in last 2 frames.  

Brilliant just brilliant.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Such a good Final .

The Jester got back to 16-15 and missed a Black in next frame. 

Luca very polished in last 2 frames.  

Brilliant just brilliant.

I thought Selby was going to come back to win it. 

Being experienced in the situation I thought he'd keep his composure and Brecel might start trying to rush to the end or even slow down and over think it too much. But he finished it so well

And hopefully Selby is back from his dip and battle with depression. 

I've actually had the dubious "honour" of having the ACTUAL* real life maximum break scored against me... and every single one of the 38 shots (Yep... Thirty eight! 😉) was a joy to watch!

OK, it was 40 years ago.  And ok, it was only a weekday knock-about, not a tournament, but the lad that did me was something special.  Sadly, he never made it further than playing alongside the likes of a young John Parrot and an even younger Stephen Hendry in the BBC 2 Junior pot black TV gig.  I'll not name him, as he met a tragic end, and there may be family looking in.  So sad.  He really could have been a contender, as they say!  😢 

*A bit of trivia, for those in the know!  😉

Anyway... as Mostyn's link ain't working... here's the latest... and the biggest... of them all.

Poetry in motion...

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've actually had the dubious "honour" of having the ACTUAL* real life maximum break scored against me... and every single one of the 38 shots (Yep... Thirty eight! 😉) was a joy to watch!

OK, it was 40 years ago.  And ok, it was only a weekday knock-about, not a tournament, but the lad that did me was something special.  Sadly, he never made it further than playing alongside the likes of a young John Parrot and an even younger Stephen Hendry in the BBC 2 Junior pot black TV gig.  I'll not name him, as he met a tragic end, and there may be family looking in.  So sad.  He really could have been a contender, as they say!  😢 

*A bit of trivia, for those in the know!  😉

Anyway... as Mostyn's link ain't working... here's the latest... and the biggest... of them all.

Poetry in motion...

Did the frame finish 155-0