Restaurants and that type of thing

TuffLuff

It's nice to find a restaurant with well prepared food, it's annoying when one has ordered a dish twice and loved it and have it fail the third time.  Knowing when the good cook is working is the thing.

On 02/06/2023 at 23:41, TuffLuff said:

Going to be in Derby next Friday afternoon for a bit of a pub crawl before going to the County Ground in the evening. Does anybody have any food recommendations we can pop into? I’ve suggested Silk Mill but it’s been a few years since I last went.

Pub recommendations also appreciated as it’s been a few years since I’ve been for drinks in the city

Seven, which is right near the Roundhouse on Pride Park. It is a sister pub of the White Hart in Duffield, which I also recommend. 

Seven is a bar and restaurant and isaimed at a younger audience to the White Hart. As such food is really good, but drinks are mainly lager, although they call them beers, but they have one real ale, called “See You At Seven”, presumably commissioned by themselves. It is fantastic and gives Theakston’s Old Peculiar a good run for its money.

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Seven, which is right near the Roundhouse on Pride Park. It is a sister pub of the White Hart in Duffield, which I also recommend. 

Seven is a bar and restaurant and isaimed at a younger audience to the White Hart. As such food is really good, but drinks are mainly lager, although they call them beers, but they have one real ale, called “See You At Seven”, presumably commissioned by themselves. It is fantastic and gives Theakston’s Old Peculiar a good run for its money.

I sit next to a group who use Seven very home match, they always praise the "Seven" ale. Breakfasts on early kick off days are very popular as well.