Kevin Coyne.

Andrew3000

I recently found out about this Derby born singer and, whilst his music is quite dated and not completely my bag, he possessed a great voice and creative mind and some of his wonkier blues-based psychedelic stuff is really good.

Some info here:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2004/dec/06/guardianobituaries.artsobituaries

Fascinating to me, partly because not many musicians to gain any kind of fame or critical acclaim seem to come from Derby. As far as I know any road!

Maybe some of our older fans could help me out here. Does anyone have memories of him ? Did anyone know him personally? Any relatives out there? 

His back catalog is pretty huge, especially latterly once he moved to Germany and settled down. I do enjoy listening to him, but it can be a bit hit and miss

There was a really good exhibition of his artwork at Derby Deda on Chapel Street a few years back. I've a feeling that his children may have been at the opening

Here's one of my favourites of his later stuff

20 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

I recently found out about this Derby born singer and, whilst his music is quite dated and not completely my bag, he possessed a great voice and creative mind and some of his wonkier blues-based psychedelic stuff is really good.

Some info here:

Fascinating to me, partly because not many musicians to gain any kind of fame or critical acclaim seem to come from Derby. As far as I know any road!

Maybe some of our older fans could help me out here. Does anyone have memories of him ? Did anyone know him personally? Any relatives out there? 

Got a couple of his albums in my collection. My older Sis saw him early 70’s. 

20 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Some info here:

Derby musicians / bands off the top of my head. White Town had a big hit , Anti Pasti did well , The Struts who were formed in Derby are doing well the lead singer sang with Queen the other week at the Foo Fighters drummer tribute.

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Derby musicians / bands off the top of my head. White Town had a big hit , Anti Pasti did well , The Struts who were formed in Derby are doing well the lead singer sang with Queen the other week at the Foo Fighters drummer tribute.

Cheers, not heard of the struts. Jyoti from White Town used to hang around with my big brother in the 90s. Quite exciting when he had his 15mins. Still a good track that, but the album was weak.

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I'm a huge fan of Kev Moore - an immensely talented and versatile musician and equally a huge Derby fan.

Still plays bass with popsters Christie and fronts BC Sweet, toured as a member of Saxon a few times, an integral part of local folk trio The Long Road (with Steve Bonham and Chris 'the Bishop) Lydon' - and fronts Danish heavy metal stars Witch Cross.

A few of you might have seen him singing on the pitch at Pride Park a few years ago.