Fifa 11

Day

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he gets it can you ask him to pass some tips onto me as I'm crap. Maybe as the leaderboards were reset yesterday I ended up playing top players last night but I played 11 games, drew 1 and lost the rest. I don't usually take draws but I was desperate to register some sort of result I took the draw.

All the games I was playing against Real, Barca and the odd game against Man United. Each game either had......

1. Lobbed throughballs all game leaving my defence standing as their striker ran through one on one with the keeper.

2. Every ball played down the wing with Messi or Ronaldo that can run twice the speed of the defenders, drilled cross in for a simple tap in.

And most of those games when they got the goal they just passed it along the back four and keeper for long periods wasting time. The controller ended up across the room a couple of times through frustration.

honestquestion,

is an x box better than a ps3?

I'm going to say that PS3s are better. But I do own an XBox.

I don't have good enough internet for online gaming at the moment so whether or not it's free doesn't bother me.

But GT5 and a Blu-Ray player do tempt me ...

PS3 is technically better, has a great range of exclusives, and of course, it's a Blu Ray player.

However, as far as online is concerned, the 360 is far, far superior.

Most cross-platform games are also better on the 360 as they're development-led on that platform due to the 360's easier to use development kit.

So, it depends what you want out of it. If it's offline, then a PS3 is a no-brainer. If it's online that you'll use it for most, playing with mates, then a 360 is equally a no-brainer.

Re Fifa, I got it last night. Started a new career as Rangers, after winning the league with Derby previously. About 5 games in so far, plus 3 friendlies, and won every game on Pro. Even given that it's the SPL, I'm still finding it fairly routine at the moment.

Right my fellow geeks and geekesses, I have set up a league on PS3 if anyone fancies it.

League Name: DCFC Fans Forum

Abbr: DCFC

Password: clough

Max Teams: 32 (not that we will get that)

Games: 4

All I ask is don't pick a 5 star team from the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A etc. getting sick already of having to play against Man Utd, Barca or Real in every game.

Im in mate ;)

My ID is - HENSHAW1884

Welcome to the forum FunkyRam. Daveo put your PS3 thing on the gamertag list which is a sticky.

What takes you from Derby to London then?

My G-dad and dad both long-term fans and i followed suit after my first game at the baseball ground. We played Luton and Mark Pembridge scored in a 2-1 win.

Just realised that wasnt what you asked lol :confused:

I have always lived in London, Born in North London, with all the bloody Yiddo's. School years were hectic, untill we were in the Premiership and from then, every black kid in the school claimed they were Wanchope:D

Bit worried about this game.

After initially struggling to score in games on Pro, I persevered and won the league with Derby.

Now at Rangers in the SPL and upped the skill level to World Class. Beat St Mirren 13-1. I'm hoping that's just a reflection of a poor SPL, otherwise I'll have to up the skill level to legendary which I've heard isn't much tougher than World Class.

Bought PES 2011 at the weekend. Gameplay-wise still not as slick as Fifa, but off the pitch it pwns it. Despite the lack of licences you can edit everything, so I donwloaded the relevant OFs to get all the names, kits etc correct. Beyond that though, you can even edit crowd chants per team, per scenario.

Tried out the authenticity by playing as Stoke. Played at the Britannia stadium, correct kits, correct player names etc. Was impressed when the crowd started belting out 'Delilah' halfway through the first half, and even moreso when they started chanting 'We only score off a throw-in' shortly after I had indeed scored from a Delap throw-in!

Switched to Arsenal and played Liverpool. Again, impressed when the crowd started chanting 'We won the league at Anfield'! :D

If the gameplay was as good as the cosmetic side of the game it would easily rule.

Frustratingly, Fifa beats it on the pitch, whereas it loses off it.

I've started to enjoy Fifa now offline and I've come to the conclusion that online it's the players that have ruined the game and not the game itself, it's a shame as I didn't buy it to play offline.

Naymind I've pre-ordered Medal of Honor which is released on Friday to see me through till Black Ops, I've got a funny feeling Black Ops will have quite a few glitches at the start so I'l have MOH to fall back on.

Surprised that they didn't run with a public beta for BO, but then, they did for W@W and that still had glitches at go-live.

To be fair though, Treyarch are usually quicker than Infinity Ward at fixing glitches/bugs. Plus this year they've put something on the game disc that makes it easier for them to release patches on the fly without it having to go through MS and Sony certification.

Can't be bothered with MoH. Offline looks great, but MP is by DICE and I hate BFBC Online with a passion.

They've given Black Ops out to a few game sites to have an early play on, plenty of videos on YouTube of gameplay now.

I quite liked BC2 to get away from all the crap in MW2, only problem is the Recon class is overused but they are talking about patching MOH so only a certain number of snipers are allowed on each team which will be great if it goes through.

I just think that a new exploit will be found in Black Ops and all the kids will jump on it within a few months and ruin that game as well, MOH will be my getaway option.

Archived