Fifa 11

Day

Boo Yeah! got my copy at lunch!

Got it on the ps3 if anyone fancies a game? Also thought it would be good if we started a Pro Club on-line where everyone from the forum can control one player.

gamer tag = HENSHAW1884

P.S im probably the best on this forum......que abuse!:D

cough cough i'm sure me & daveo could show you some tekkers lol pm daveo and he'll add your name to the gamer tags thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
at work so haven't played it yet whats the team like we got cwyka & bueno?

Stats are abit all over the place, Conor Doyle is 65 I think and Steve Davies 70. Also Davies, Cywka, Bueno and I think Commons are all listed as being strikers.

Strange thing is not only have they got our kit right this year but we've even got the keepers kit as well, had a quick game against Forest and they didn't have the keepers kit. I thought it was just Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea that had the keepers kits.

The new chant feature is pretty good as well, would of spent abit more time having a look around but we kind of got invaded on here by a bunch of strangers so I thought I'd leave it for abit.

Boo Yeah! got my copy at lunch!

Got it on the ps3 if anyone fancies a game? Also thought it would be good if we started a Pro Club on-line where everyone from the forum can control one player.

gamer tag = HENSHAW1884

P.S im probably the best on this forum......que abuse!:D

Welcome to the forum FunkyRam. Daveo put your PS3 thing on the gamertag list which is a sticky.

What takes you from Derby to London then?

I'm impressed with the game.

Our kit looks great now. Doing research and making sure we have black shorts makes a lot of difference.

Commons is on the right so I put him on the left and put Cywka on the right and let Pearson sit on the bench.

Why do Brayford and Green both have very fiery red hair?

Commons is my arena player now as well. :)

Practically though it is a bit harder. The passing requires a lot of precision. The shooting does as well. Though it is a lot easier to score from crosses and corners, but a nightmare to defend them!

I'm not online any more but I'm still going to enjoy it I'm sure.

I'm impressed with the game.

Our kit looks great now. Doing research and making sure we have black shorts makes a lot of difference.

Commons is on the right so I put him on the left and put Cywka on the right and let Pearson sit on the bench.

Why do Brayford and Green both have very fiery red hair?

Commons is my arena player now as well. :)

Practically though it is a bit harder. The passing requires a lot of precision. The shooting does as well. Though it is a lot easier to score from crosses and corners, but a nightmare to defend them!

I'm not online any more but I'm still going to enjoy it I'm sure.

See i love this, i prefer to have commons on the right, works a treat because commons shots are amazing on it, cut inside and bam, top corner, YOUUUUU BEAUUUTTYYY!!!! haha.

The ratings are a bit ***** tbh, you tend to play S.Davies up top becuz hes rated like 71, which seems a bit silly for saying he never plays lol.

Sainsburys have it at a few pence short of £25 but you need to spend £30 on something else first (exc lottery, cigs, vouchers etc).

Only til 7 October!

Mines reserved at the local Sainsburys until I go shopping early next week :D

i did this only problem ended up spending 55 quid on booze :D

Haven't played FIFA or pro Evo in ages, but I've always preferred the game play of pro evo and layout (ie manager/career mode) of FIFA. Have FIFA improved the game play?

Yes they have dramatically.

PES owned FIFA on the PS2 but since the new consoles have come out FIFA has come back with a vengeance. PES really hasn't changed much at all in recent years.

Not going to well meself, been playing online.

L 1-0

D 0-0

L 1-0

L 2-1

D 1-1

Last 2 games I conceded in the last minute of the game grrrr, I keep fluffing my shots tho when through on goal.

Just about to play Dan, god help me

Had this since Friday.

Trying to like it but it's dreadful.

The new passing system is awful, shooting is poor, tackling is a complete joke as you're easily brushed off the ball at the merest touch, whilst you can literally hack at CPU players and you just bounce off them. CPU super-keepers, and blatent rubber-banding don't help either. The number of last minute goals I've conceded is ridiculous, and most are exactly the same, a CPU player just bundling his way through loads of tackles before shooting in from a crazy angle.

For me, yet again it's another example of EA changing things for the sake of it in order to justify releasing yet another game.

They really need to start releasing every other year or something with just an annual update of stats in between. At the moment they're clearly struggling for innovation and in their efforts to 'freshen things up' they're just making things worse.

I was of the opinion that Fifa 10 wasn't as good as Fifa 09. This one is, IMO, the worst version on this generation of console.

I'll give it the week, but after that I think I'll trade it back in and go back to Fifa 09.

Well I've played Dan in 3 games

(me) Forest 0 - 5 Leeds (Dan) - I had Wilson and Morgan sent off

(me) QPR 2 - 0 Derby (Dan) - Battered him all game

(me) Yeovil 2 - 3 Gold Coast United (Dan) - I had a player sent off again, he had to take me to extra time to get the winner.

I prefer Fifa 10 online to behonest, can't get the balance of my shots right, I either blast them into row z or some crappy weak effort.

It's a real shame. A lot of features have improved but unfortunately a lot have worsened.

The passing system is poor I'm afraid. Removes any enjoyment about making a good build up play with short passes.

Shooting is poor. Players seem to bottle one on ones a lot more. But free kicks are still good.

The refereeing decisions are shocking. I was playing with Man U. Scholes got tackled, fair tackle, the other player got the ball but why was Scholes booked? Also many soft fouls are given.

Tackling is a nightmare. Very hard to do properly.

Crossing has improved but corners are still crap and the attacking midfielders still fail to make any presence in the box.

Defending set pieces is a nightmare.

On FIFA 10 wingers used to run ahead so the full backs could put in a nice through ball. Now they don't do this and none of the players in the team seem to have any initiative in general. They don't make space for themselves and put themselves in positions where it's difficult to make even a short pass without it being intercepted.

I preferred FIFA 10. If something isn't broken, why break it? :confused:

But I'm just going to have to get my head around it I guess. All my mates will be playing FIFA 11 not FIFA 10. Also there is a FIFA tournament in my SU bar and I imagine that will be on FIFA 11 too. So I have no choice.

I agree with the idea of a Fifa10 (will be 11 when I get round to buying it!) online team - I've tried before to get something set up through the lobby type thing on the game itself but seems a total non-starter.

If anybody wants to add me on PS3, my id is derbyladuk

Archived