Fifa 11

Day

Yeah, true that about PES. I didn't like PES5 much, definitely went downhill towards the end, and has never recovered on this generation. Last year's PES looked great, but the gameplay's still incredibly stilted. One of the things I love about Fifa, and one of the reasons I'm disliking Fifa 11 is that they've changed the passing to the extent of it becoming more like PES, ie. stilted gameplay, having to battle to string two passes together. Really isn't my idea of fun. Used to be that you could just pick up Fifa and have a blast. Now, it's more like a chore than having a bit of fun.

Cex are paying out £26 cash (£28 store credit) if you've redeemed the online code, or £30 cash (£32 store credit) if you haven't. Interestingly, they have an awful lot of stock already! :D

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started to get to grips with it a little, the passing is still pretty shocking tho, lost count the amount of times I've gone for a pass an the AI rushes one of my own players in to block my pass and give the ball away.

The game also has an annoying bug with the music, after I scored the main menu music game on and lasted throughout the second half. It's happened several times after subs or half time.

But like I say I'm starting to get to grips with it, won 3-0 then 1-0 last night, then I came up against a tosser that insisted on watching all the pre match scenes, every shot and foul replay, all the half time replays. He also insisted on trying a skill move after every pass which kind of made him look a tit when he kept losing it straight after but hey ho.

Started to get to grips with it a little, the passing is still pretty shocking tho, lost count the amount of times I've gone for a pass an the AI rushes one of my own players in to block my pass and give the ball away.

The game also has an annoying bug with the music, after I scored the main menu music game on and lasted throughout the second half. It's happened several times after subs or half time.

But like I say I'm starting to get to grips with it, won 3-0 then 1-0 last night, then I came up against a tosser that insisted on watching all the pre match scenes, every shot and foul replay, all the half time replays. He also insisted on trying a skill move after every pass which kind of made him look a tit when he kept losing it straight after but hey ho.

I like my skill moves though!:mad:

Getting more to grips with it myself finally. Won the league with Derby, on the final day of the season, at the City Ground, 5-0. Davies scored 4 goals, that was after scoring a hat-trick in the final home game of the season against QPR as well. Won the league by 2 points from Burnley. Middlesboro third.

Bueno top scorer with 21, Commons got 20 and Davies got 17.

This games a lot more about precision attacks and the use of pace, rather than the naturally slower-build up that was prevalent in previous games, and to be honest, the style I prefered. Most games now just tend to be midfield slogs to see if you can get a breakthrough.

I had a run of games, towards the end of the season, where I went seven games without scoring, six of which were 0-0!

Still, like I said, it's grown on me. A little...... ;)

I need a level between Semi Pro and Professional, playing on Ameteur I'd be winning around 8-0, Semi Pro 3/4-0 and Professional I just can't score, think I managed one goal in around 6 matches before I got bored of being hacked down as soon as you get on the ball.

I started on pro and found it almost impossible to score. After a while I switched down to semi-pro and won 8-0. Decided to switch back to pro and just practice to get good at that. Like I said, at the end of the season I was buoyed by two big wins (3-0 and 5-0) which I'm hoping means I've now cracked it. Before that though I had the seven games without a goal, so who knows? :rolleyes:

Going to play it more over the weekend by which time anecdotes will have been provided from people playing the new PES. If it sounds like it might be worth checking out then I'll think of trading in Fifa.

Maybe I should stick it back on Professional and stick with it then, just frustrating trying to get a chance on goal, they don't pose much of an attackiing threat they just stick in midfield and man mark you.

In 46 games my defence didn't play like the keystone cops once!

And Stephen Pearson chipped in with a few goals!

It's worth sticking with Pro as I found Semi-Pro too easy. Pro is a challenge but eventually you do crack it. Quick one-twos and give and goes are the key, keep doing that until you see an opening and then play someone into it.

The other hard thing to master, due to the controls set up is that when you do get through on goal you're best using finesse shots. This is tricky because you're usually utilising the right trigger already to pace your way through the defence and keep the trailing defenders behind you. Finesse is the RB button, so in conjunction with RT (plus shoot) you find yourself struck trying to press three buttons at once. If you master it, you'll find you score a lot more goals. Until it does work though you'll find it frustrating as you'll get through, try to rearrange your fingers onto the right set of buttons, but get tackled while you're doing it!

Practice, it's all about the practice! :D

I already use the finesse shots when inside the area otherwise I end up skying it. Outside the box I can't get them to work at all, it's either a weak shot or into row z.

I'l switch it back to Pro and throw the controller at the wall a few times, won't be long till Black Ops goes into the disc drive.

No it's crap mainly because of the boring tossers that play online. Games take forever as they keep sodding pausing it and after scoring one they just pass it between the defenders and the keeper trying skill moves.

Archived