Switching from SKY TV to NOW TV

Carnero

On 27/08/2022 at 10:04, CBX1985 said:

I have BT TV, which has Now TV that you can record and you can get BT Sport as part of the bundle.

I pay £42pm over twenty four month contract for Sky Sports, BT Sport and Sky entertainment.  Remember, the SS part comes from Now TV so you can still share with your mate - but you get BT sport effectively thrown in; £35pm for all the Sport channels so £17.50each.

The downside is you cannot get it unless you subscribe to BT Broadband, but they negotiated that down to the same level as Sky offered me.

I did exactly the same.  I’ve also got a Now TV stick in my “man cave” so I watch everything on more than one TV as part of the same subscription.  You also get the red button matches which was handy last season.  I’ve never had a problem with it.

On 27/08/2022 at 08:47, Carnero said:

Yes that sounds like the plan. Have you found it to be reliable too? Seems like a good option versus paying for a load of channels that I don't watch just to have the sports! I still don't have a smart tv so will be using Chromecast via the now tv app, is this something you've done, or should I just take the plunge and get a smart tv at some point?

You can get a NowTv fairly cheaply, which also gives you access into other services too. 

• 2 months later...

Well after 30+ years of having Sky I bailed today(well not quite), Got through using the chat facility, Nice fella called Afshad, My TV contract ends 29th December 2022, I pay £48.50 a month with £30.50 broadband which is in contract till September 2023.

Told him I was not renewing my TV package of entertainment/sports, He came back with an offer of £66 for the same, Told him I wanted out, He then said how about Sky essentials for £5 a month instead of £15 a month which is basic package...took the offer and said thanks.

No more football...altho I can get it streamed with an App I have...almost feel clean now ?