Should derby play 2 upfront on saturday at Charlton

B4ev6is

26 minutes ago, Beetle said:

I would like to see Sibley start but I think we need to go to 442 to enable that. We're not going to do that.

Not necessarily, Sibley could play as one of the 3 in midfield with instructions to play more advanced than say Bird and Hourihane, just behind Collins (4-2-1-3, 4-2-3-1 type system). Means losing the defending of Smith in the middle of the park, so not sure Rosenior would go that way, guess we’ll find out though. I’d love to see us play players in their best positions and just go all out for the win like Steve Mac’s first stint as manager.

16 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I think derby should maybe go with hurlion with lad fron cardiff city or do with lad from prestion north end with up top we need some height up top and also someone can hold up play or shoot outside the box that proved with win at oxford city but still feeling we need that kind of player.

Hourihane is not a striker.

Hourihane isn't even 6ft and you mention wanting height up top, Collins is also 6ft 2", the height is already there unless you're thinking Peter Crouch type height, which again makes me question why you would suggest Hourihane.

Also we have played 1, won 1, I think talk of changing the system is a little premature.

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Sibley gets brought on in midfield, his proper position and makes a difference. Hopefully Liam has come to the conclusion that he's not a winger. I was also extremely impressed by his demeanour. Clattered twice inside his first 2 minutes on the park. my first thoughts were will it be yellow or red? He kept his cool and simply played football. I hope he keeps it up.

I think Sibley is going to have to put up with that all season. Bird too. And in this division they’ll get less protection from the refs, especially away from home. We know Bird will keep his head and no doubt Rosie is giving Louis all the right messages. Hope they both stay fit

What’s quite amusing is watching the oppo trying to clatter Knight, who just floats away like a starling in the slipstream (and wins a foul)

On 02/08/2022 at 12:16, Beetle said:

The problem we had last year, and it seems to me this year, is the system we play only seems to get one person in the box when we cross. This means a lack of goal threat, we need that fixing otherwise there is no point working the ball wide to get crosses in.

And when we go through the middle we run straight into an area full of defensive midfielders and back 4.....  

On 02/08/2022 at 12:06, David said:

Hourihane is not a striker.

Hourihane isn't even 6ft and you mention wanting height up top, Collins is also 6ft 2", the height is already there unless you're thinking Peter Crouch type height, which again makes me question why you would suggest Hourihane.

Also we have played 1, won 1, I think talk of changing the system is a little premature.

It might be mate but when play away from home you need keep opposition guessing but I just feel that Charlton would struggle to handle him.