2022/23 Player Ratings, Sponsored by @Sage ZanFish

Ellafella

2022/23 Player Ratings, sponsored by @Sage Toyota, are underway. After each game, you can submit player ratings to the appropriate thread, posted after each game as follows:

Ratings 0-10 where 6 is "average". Half-marks are allowed. Please complete by 6pm on the Monday following the Saturday game (Deadline Day) {or by 6pm on Matchday +2 days for a mid-week game eg Tuesday night match, complete by Thursday 6pm}. 

Analysis summary will be posted by 10pm of the Deadline Day. 

At the end of the season, full analysis will be posted enabling us to award:

1. Statistical Player of the Year (POTY)

2. Statistical Young player of the Year (Young POTY)

3. Rater of the Year - the poster with the most ratings supplied.

There will also be a range of other interesting statistics eg "Tony Hatch" Award for the mingiest rater, Chris Kamara Award for the daftest set of ratings etc 

Mods: any chance of pinning this so that we have a reference for raters.

Thanks. ?

Edited by uttoxram75

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

2022/23 Player Ratings, sponsored by @Sage Toyota, are underway. After each game, you can submit player ratings to the appropriate thread, posted after each game as follows:

Ratings 0-10 where 6 is "average". Half-marks are allowed. Please complete by 6pm on the Monday following the Saturday game (Deadline Day) {or by 6pm on Matchday +2 days for a mid-week game eg Tuesday night match, complete by Thursday 6pm}. 

There will also be a range of other interesting statistics eg "Tony Hatch" Award for the mingiest rater, Chris Kamara Award for the daftest set of ratings etc 

Thanks. ?

I drive a Ford. 

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Thanks. ?

I would recommend shooting anyone who doesn't list the players in the correct order. It's a pain to sort out otherwise 

5 hours ago, sage said:

I would recommend shooting anyone who doesn't list the players in the correct order. It's a pain to sort out otherwise 

I found that too tbh. 

Also you'll find after a defeat that some players will be given 1's or 2's. They skew the overall picture a little so you may want to stick to the realistic ratings. 

4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

I found that too tbh. 

Also you'll find after a defeat that some players will be given 1's or 2's. They skew the overall picture a little so you may want to stick to the realistic ratings. 

Cheers and good points; I've created a database to include score/outcome so I will be able to slice n dice by outcome and show how ratings vary by rater and impacted by whether we win/lose/draw. There are a great many sources of variation in these "ratings" which makes it all a little bit variable/slightly unreliable, but with sufficient reliability/robustness to have some ecological validity.