Luke Moore - West Bromwich Albion

CumbrianRam

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Luke Moore’s loan from Albion to Derby could be extended after the striker scored his first Rams goal last night.

Moore opened the scoring in Derby’s 3-2 victory at Doncaster last night — his first senior goal since he netted for the Baggies against Peterborough last December.

And Pride Park manager Nigel Clough has revealed he wants to keep the 24-year-old when his initial one-month stay in the East Midlands expires after the Championship game at Millwall on Saturday.

Last night’s match was just the second start of Moore’s loan spell.

“Luke hasn’t played that much but we have been delighted with him,†said Clough.

“I think he has been very good when he has come on, which is not always easy, and two weeks of the four we have had him was taken up by the international break.

“We are going to have a chat with West Brom to see what the situation is and see if we can do something.â€

And Albion boss Roberto Di Matteo is also willing to consider loaning out powerful forward Ishmael Miller, who was set to make his comeback from a calf injury in the reserves today.

Leicester boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is known to be tracking Miller but Di Matteo expects a rush of interest in the former Manchester City man, who Albion feel would benefit from a short stint in the Championship before returning to The Hawthorns to compete for a place.

“I haven’t spoken to Sven,†said Di Matteo.

“I can imagine that if Ishmael is available for a loan period there will be a lot of interest so it wouldn’t surprise me if Leicester were.

“Peter Odemwingie’s fitness will has an impact on that loan.

“Joe Mattock is also a possibility for a loan. But Joe has been injured himself and has only been training for a short period, and that loan would be subject to Marek Cech being available for us.â€

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2010/10/20/derby-want-to-extend-luke-moores-loan/#ixzz12tX0kKJu

Issac needs to cut out the silly stuff.

On saturday he waved his hands in front of a preston player trying to take a quick throw in.

At Donny, he shoved the goalie and made him trip up, and got a yellow.

Silly stuff, needless.

Derby County have agreed a deal in principle with West Bromwich Albion to extend Luke Moore's loan spell with the Rams.

The 24-year-old striker has made two starts and three substitute appearances in Derby colours since making the temporary switch last month.

His initial month-long loan is due to expire after tomorrow's npower Championship game at Millwall, and with a deal agreed with the Baggies the relevant paperwork is set to be completed early next week to extend his stay by a further month.

Moore opened his goalscoring account with the opening goal in Tuesday's 3-2 victory at Doncaster Rovers, and has impressed manager Nigel Clough since his arrival.

Clough said: "Luke has come in - along with Shefki Kuqi and Ryan Noble - and given us real competition in the striking department.

"He has been patient, sitting on the bench for a few games, but he has made an impact each and every time he has been on the pitch.

"With little first-team football behind him this season he will continue to get stronger with each game and it is great news he is set to stay with us for another month."

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2192707,00.html

Only by another month? Is that telling of how far Porter is from a come back, are we talking weeks rather than months now?

porter is pi55 crap so extend moores loan till january then buy him if the price is right as from what ive seen hes miles better than porter and davies put together and probably stay fitter for longer too:D

Porter has been unlucky picking that injury up that won't go away but i still think i saw enough to believe he can do a job when/if he gets over his injury

Agreed. If he can get over his injuries I think he will be a quality player. But I can't see it, his contract is up at the end of the season and I think he will be released along with Davies.

I remember seeing Porter when he was fully fit against Swansea and thinking "This guy is better than Hulse!", which isn't true for the most part, but a fully fit Porter is a very valuable asset.

Unfortunately, his hip I think will be the end of him, which is a huge shame.

I remember seeing Porter when he was fully fit against Swansea and thinking "This guy is better than Hulse!", which isn't true for the most part, but a fully fit Porter is a very valuable asset.

Wasn't that the game he went off inj

and the start of his inj nightmare? I thought that aswell

....that means he's got no legs at all.

Archived