Luke Moore - West Bromwich Albion

CumbrianRam

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County have today secured the loan signing of West Bromwich Albion striker Luke Moore.

The 24-year-old has signed for the Rams on an emergency loan for a period of 29 days, taking him up to and including Derby's visit to Millwall on Saturday 23rd October.

Moore goes straight into the Derby squad to face Crystal Palace at Pride Park tomorrow.

Manager Nigel Clough told dcfc.co.uk: "Luke will go straight into our squad for tomorrow and gives us extra options up front.

"He is a player who has expressed a great desire to come and play football and he will have opportunities to do so here."

The former Aston Villa frontman joined the Baggies in a deal that could eventually rise to £3.5 million dependant on future appearances in 2008.

Moore is a product of Villa's youth system, who he lifted the FA Youth Cup with in 2002, and has also represented England at various youth levels.

A loan stint at Wycombe Wanderers in 2003 played a big part in his development before he returned to Villa Park made his Premier League debut in 2004.

Moore joined Villa's West Midlands rivals in 2008, and he started in both of Albion's Championship matches against Derby last season as they bounced back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Moore has made one appearance for West Brom this season, in the Carling Cup against Leyton Orient.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2164537,00.html

Has he not spent a while out injured as well? I just don't get why it's for just a month, he hasn't been playing games and it will take a month to get match fit then he's off.

I hope Cucumber's right and there might be an option to extend, not that I'm overly excited by this one but it will be nice to have experienced options instead of relying on Moxey up there.

Archived