Tour De France

RadioactiveWaste

Started with a short time trial around Copenhagen yesterday and a flat stage in Denmark today and tomorrow before shipping the whole circus back to France on Monday.

Now the preoccupation with is DCFC going to survive this, more routine summer sporting events can take a bit more of a hearing.

C'mon those hard peddling!

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's not just going to be dull Pogacar eases to victory after all.

3 HC climbs today finishing on the legendary Alp D'huez.

Can jumbo visma keep Jonas in yellow, can Pogacar and UAE fight back, will ineos show their hand after Thomas placed himself back in contention?

All this and more as sport's greatest doping laboratory grinds its way through ever more beautiful mountains and ever more exotic chemical compounds.

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, it's not just going to be dull Pogacar eases to victory after all.

3 HC climbs today finishing on the legendary Alp D'huez.

Can jumbo visma keep Jonas in yellow, can Pogacar and UAE fight back, will ineos show their hand after Thomas placed himself back in contention?

All this and more as sport's greatest doping laboratory grinds its way through ever more beautiful mountains and ever more exotic chemical compounds.

I watched all the stages last week and thought it was a shoe in for Pogacar. 

I missed the last 2 stages and looks like I've missed a couple of crackers. 

I'll have to see if I can get them on catch up. 

Le Tour seems a bit more low profile in the UK media this year. Maybe because Cav isn't there and theres no real GC contender, or perhaps the wall to wall coverage of the Euro's has taken its place. 

I think you're right, with no Cav or a serious GC rider it's not really caught the imagination as much, also the assumption the Pogacar was going to win it because he's better than the other contenders probably didn't help.

But epic ride from Tom Pidcock today, nice to see Chris Froome in the break as well.

Yesterday was just what the race needed and today was a lot more chess like, with Vinnergaurd having more pieces but Pogacar with a still strong position.

Worth noting, although he's probably not got enough to mount a serious challenge for the yellow jersey, Thomas is not a millions miles off in the GC, and i can remember when bradly wiggins getting 4th on GC was considered a big deal for british cycling.

I theres a few easier days now before the next big mountain stage.

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Pidock still only 22, youngest ever winner on the Alp d'Huez. Already has an Olympic Gold medal and is current World Cyclo-Cross champion.

And he's English, as in born in England. Hope that's not racist.

Pidcock is one hell of a rider. That descending was pure class, fantastic. Bridging the gap - perfect. Climbing performance - brilliant.

He's going to finish top 10. Pyreenes are usually more suitable than the Alps to all the CX guys, especially to Pidcock they should suit really well. Great for INEOS, having three riders in top 10. Pidcock is defo one to watch regarding Grand Tour GC in the coming 4, 5 years..  Loved his interview after the race too. Top lad.