Staines Town FC

RadioactiveWaste

Apologies, it's their landlord who is the baddies.

To get to a point where you'd rather stop setting foot in a ground owned by people like that than continue as a club is pretty severe.

Hopefully a solution can be found for staines town and hopefully all involved in Downing LLP get what they deserve.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I just get an error message on the club website (so I guess it's been pulled down before angry lawyers get vengeful)

Now I’m not saying it’s not a bad thing, but gender discrimination does seem a little out of place in that list, sandwiched between slavery and murder. 

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apologies, it's their landlord who is the baddies.

To get to a point where you'd rather stop setting foot in a ground owned by people like that than continue as a club is pretty severe.

Hopefully a solution can be found for staines town and hopefully all involved in Downing LLP get what they deserve.

It's all a bit odd. Downing seems to be an investment company investing in a questionable Swiss bank, that itself is investing in some other questionable ventures. 

They make the point in their response on their website that the modern slavery act does not apply to them as they don't meet the criteria so how have they breached it? 

That said, apparently the lease of the ground to staines is quoted as being at a "peppercorn rent", but the club has fallen behind on "service and other charges". 

So looks like a classic case of pretty hard-nosed (aka "commercial") owner rinsing a club who doesn't generate much revenue, and the club in financial difficulty starts questioning the owners unconnected activities.