Black and White Together

cosmic

On 11/03/2022 at 22:53, therams69 said:

Hmm interesting about the march.. My input for what its worth on that...

So a chap called Ryan and a couple of other lads I know (top man is Ryan and was well out his comfort zone!) decided to organise the march. I got wind of it and offered my help and guidance through having contacts with the police, club, radio derby, BBC East Midlands Today etc etc...

We spent the couple of weeks prior speaking to the police (very helpful) and once all agreed I put Ryan in touch with Radio Derby and East Midlands Today. Bit of campaigning on twitter, facebook etc...

I take absolute zero credit for it, I played my part in getting Albatross on board and all the flags down there but just oiled the wheels for Ryan to be speaking to the people who he needed to speak to get the word out there and get the movement going. This was his baby and deserved the praise and credit for it.

So as far as I am concerned no twitter town council meeting was responsible for the march and quite disheartening for Ryan and others should they see this post.

Very much like PR. I do have issue with Mr Bourne and took to twitter this evening to pass my comments on. He never replied publically but took the conversation to private message. No problem with that but perhaps this should have been the first port of call with the original issue.

BAWT and particularly Nigel have been fantastic at the meetings, as have all the supporters groups. We never asked for this and this was certainly not the reason why the charter was setup all these years ago. It is what it is though.

The last thing we need is other groups being called out for politics. As Angie said, for christ sake if you dont like them then dont follow them! We are all adults here..

Well done ram69 for your help with the march. It was really a sight to see.