Barnsley v Reading, FFP

What do they hope to gain from this though? Are they just getting in their early for when they inevitably get relagated, so they can make a Wycombe-esque claim for losses. Or are they hoping their suspended 6 points will be applied, therefore giving them half a chance of survival. That would help us, as much as them. 

i still think it’s very poor that the likes of Wycombe and Barnsley are relying on 2 teams to have points deductions to have any chance of staying up. If that’s the case, then you haven’t earned your position on merit and you really aren’t good enough to stay up. 

we relied on Sheffield Wednesdays points deduction last season, we really weren’t good enough on merit to stay up. Which makes it even more of a miracle that somehow we’ve weakens our squad on paper, yet done so much better.

mum a bit disappointed thag if we do stay up this season, it’ll be because of a reading points deduction. So we won’t really have overhauled a 21pt deficit. But I’ll take it, I’ll take anything. 

relegation and promotion shouldn’t be decided on points deduction though. Pretty soon we’ll have at least 3 teams starting on minus points, and relegation will have been sorted out before the season starts. It’s pointless (pun intended, or was it?)