A new daily game. Name the ex-Ram from his playing career

admira

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Someone who left us in the 1971-72 season when we won the League, so only a squad player then? Frank Wignall?   

Whoop whoop. First I have got this first and it was only an educated guess... I didn't know who else Wignall played for but I knew he was a bit part player in 1971-72. Seems odd now that we let him go as we didn't have that much in reserve.   

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Whoop whoop. First I have got this first and it was only an educated guess... I didn't know who else Wignall played for but I knew he was a bit part player in 1971-72. Seems odd now that we let him go as we didn't have that much in reserve.   

Think it was because Roger Davies had signed and was thought a better long term bet. 
I remember seeing Frank batter Sammy Chapman all over the Shitty Ground in 1970 when Cloughie played him instead of King Kev. My first away game and a 3-1 win 

5 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Think it was because Roger Davies had signed and was thought a better long term bet. 
I remember seeing Frank batter Sammy Chapman all over the Shitty Ground in 1970 when Cloughie played him instead of King Kev. My first away game and a 3-1 win 

That is a big game in my younger memory. 

My late old man who was never a fan of Wignall, said if the King had played that day they would have needed Trent Bridge scoreboard to record how many Derby would have scored. 

3 hours ago, admira said:

0F572B8D-C0D2-4D95-8CFC-427C76DCA5C4.jpeg

Steve Elliott. I remember seeing his debut (I think - it was at PP in the League Cup... will have to check that!)

(Edit: Yep, 5-0 vs. Southend on 1/10/97)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Lewis Hunt 

Good one. Know it now but wouldn't have got it in a million years. Pretty short career then? (or did he go non-league after that and they're not included?)