Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Northants 63-3

I love 50 over cricket. Its a shame its become a second class citizen in the game. A proper contest going on between bat and ball out there, Chappell and Conners got the ball to seam about early on and now Reece is getting it to swing. Bowling Rob Keogh with a beauty. Proper cricket this is.

19 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Bin Naeem scores runs in the warm up and then doens't get the chance?

What's the point?

I can only imagine to do with his age more than anything else. I just hope we see him in some games. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have Harry Moore play every game either.

17 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I thought Derbyshire bowled well this morning. If wagstaff had caught that one off Reece then it would have been a really good first half. As it is they look like getting away now. Some good cricket and I do like the Northants commentators.

Nice job of getting us a couple of wicket 😂

I agree with your assessment of the bowling. The only thing I would say is there was a few too many balls off target - that Northants did a good job of punishing.

Without wanting to get too excited too early, the reason I think Harry Moore will be such a good bowler is his ability to hit consistent line and length already is brilliant, hence why he's going for so few runs, the opposite to Sam Conners who for all his talent and ability to bowl wicket taking balls he still can't find that consistency.

Edited by jimbo jones

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Lloyd who's taken 2 catches on the boundary, drops a sitter which would have put us well on top 😕

No such thing as being on top when it comes to Derby.

31 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Another dropped catch.

Catches win matches. 3 or 4 gone down now and a couple were really not difficult. Shame. Bowled pretty well so far.

Big partnership building. Hopefully this will bring about a wicket! 

Yep, that’ll do it! 
Quick demise.

Very good bowling today. Some less than good fielding. 

235 all out. Probably about 170 too many for us to chance down. 😬

Northants bowled out for 235 in 47 overs.

Bowled well there and could have been even better without the dropped catches and 26 extras is a few too many.

4 wickets for Chappell, 3 for Patel, 1 each for Reece and Moore, plus a run out from Wagstaff.

Patel showled all his guile and skill and will be great in this format I reckon. Reece bowled very well, but was expensive toward the end, 10 overs is probably too many. Moore with the best economy rate at 3.22 an over - 1 for 29 off 9 overs, and a good chunk of those runs came from edges and false shots.

It will be interesting to see if the pitch remains as lively in the second innings, but this is not a pitch to go smash, bang, wallop…sensible batting will get us to the 236 target.

Edited by jimbo jones

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Northants bowled out for 235 in 47 overs.

Bowled well there and could have been even better without the dropped catches and 26 extras is a few too many.

4 wickets for Chappell, 3 for Patel, 1 each for Reece and Moore, plus a run out from Wagstaff.

Patel showled all his guile and skill and will be great in this format I reckon. Reece bowled very well, but was expensive toward the end, 10 overs is probably too many. Moore with the best economy rate at 3.22 an over - 1 for 29 off 9 overs, and a good chunk of those runs came from edges and false shots.

It will be interesting to see if the pitch remains as lively in the second innings, but this is not a pitch to go smash, bang, wallop…sensible batting will get us to the 236 target.

But we’ve only got one innings remember 😉