Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Been talking with a mate of mine about what we want from the One Day cup (and the rest of the championship season). Do we really think we can win it? I don’t think so. It’s the perfect opportunity to give a young core that could be the future of the club a proper go. 

Madsen, Patel, Whiteley are at the point their careers are winding down. By 2026 the team needs to and will look very different. Start that process now, much like Sussex did bringing in a core of young players and sticking with them.

my one day cup team, with Madsen and Donald away at the 100 & no mention of Amir sticking around for this.

Came

Wagstaff

Lloyd

Bin Naeem

Lamb

Patel

Chappell

Moore

Brown

Potts

Yes, other than Dal in for Potts.

@jimbo jones today's fixtures are all listed as "the minor one day cup", with all fixtures featuring a county versus a minor county. Is this a straight knockout tournament? Is this something new this year, I don't remember minor counties being in it last year? If it's a group competition, what is our group?

I can't find any information on it?!

38 minutes ago, Carnero said:

@jimbo jones today's fixtures are all listed as "the minor one day cup", with all fixtures featuring a county versus a minor county. Is this a straight knockout tournament? Is this something new this year, I don't remember minor counties being in it last year? If it's a group competition, what is our group?

I can't find any information on it?!

Edit: ignore me @jimbo jones - I misread the BBC fixtures as "minor one day cup" when it actually just says "minor one day" 🤦‍♂️

Team for today….

Three changes from the one I asked for, no Harry Moore who’s been playing for England U19’s, think that’s finished now so he should be back soon. No Samit, which makes me wonder if he’s going to play in this, and no Chappell, perhaps rested as I don’t think he’s in the 100 this year. Also no Thomson which leaves Wagstaff as the spinner. Wagstaff seems to have moved from an opening bat that bowls a bit, to an all rounder that bats down the order. No Dal involved either.

Great to see the young lads in there, especially Bin Naeem.

On a side note, that shirt is a beauty, might tempt me to get my wallet out…

Edit: I forgot about Pat Brown, I don’t think he’s been called for the 100 yet, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t.  Whiteley’s in as the captain which makes sense with no Samit.

IMG_6497.jpeg

Edited by jimbo jones

Make that 75-5 and it’s pitiful. All hope pinned on Bin Naeem and Wagstaff (and Guest who’s still in) to save the day after an embarrassing batting display from the experienced top order.

Edited by jimbo jones

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

85-6 

Wagstaff bowled attempting a sweep, And Derbyshire making Harry Dearden who failed to makes the grade at Leicestershire look like prime Murali with his off spin.

We are no more than minor counties are we.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We are no more than minor counties are we.

And not a very good one by the look of it. This is grim. Though it has been some braindead batting with reckless shots that become more reckless as the wickets fall…and then Bin Naeem comes out is doing so far what the previous 4 batsmen should have done. Play defensive and try and stay in for a bit. It says something when the lad who’s not 18 until next week is the first one other than Guest to show any sense 🤦‍♂️

Edited by jimbo jones

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

And not a very good one by the look of it. This is grim. Though it has been some braindead batting with reckless shots that become more reckless as the wickets fall…and then Bin Naeem comes out is doing so far what the previous 4 batsmen should have done. Play defensive and try and stay in for a bit. It says something when the lad who’s not 18 until next week is the first one other than Guest to show any sense 🤦‍♂️

Is there a live stream?

36 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Guest & Bin Naeem with the highest partnership of the innings already. 

36 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Guest & Bin Naeem with the highest partnership of the innings already. 

100 partnership. Dug us out of a hole, unfortunately they can’t go too aggressive too early to kick on as there’s only Potts, Conners and DuPavillon to come.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Bin Naeem follows Guest to 50 👏👏

Just a thought, but perhaps bat the lad higher than 8 in the future 🤔

Think we might do well in the 50 over competition 😉