Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

6 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Luis Reece struggling to put bat on ball, while Aneurin Donald is stranded at the non-strikers end is not the staet we were after…

Just catching up - it’s Ok though as I’m sure we flew Fletcher in from NZ to carry the water bottles?

58 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just catching up - it’s Ok though as I’m sure we flew Fletcher in from NZ to carry the water bottles?

In the end we got off to a flyer. Fletcher should play instead of Reece to try and bolster the middle order. Donald and Lloyd should have been the opening for every game (apart from the couple Donald missed). 

Had a look at the remaining games this week and if - yes its a big if - we can do our bit we have a good chance. Our run rate is still only second to Lancashire and Durham of the teams chasing a top 4 place.

Northants finish by playing Birmingham and Lancashire, Leicestershire play Birmingham, and Durham play us. Unfortunately, Yorkshire’s last game is against Notts who appear to have completely thrown the towel in with team selection and performance.

The big thing is going to New Road and getting a win. I've watched a fair bit of Worcestershire's last 2 games where they beat Birmingham and put 205 on the board against Yorkshire. They looked better than their position in the table suggests.

The pessimist in me thinks we lose on Thursday and then beat Durham in a dead rubber on the Friday 😕

Edited by jimbo jones

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Had a look at the remaining games this week and if - yes its a big if - we can do our bit we have a good chance. Our run rate is still only second to Lancashire and Durham of the teams chasing a top 4 place.

Northants finish by playing Birmingham and Lancashire, Leicestershire play Birmingham, and Durham play us. Unfortunately, Yorkshire’s last game is against Notts who appear to have completely thrown the towel in with team selection and performance.

The big thing is going to New Road and getting a win. I've watched a fair bit of Worcestershire's last 2 games where they beat Birmingham and put 205 on the board against Yorkshire. They looked better than their position in the table suggests.

The pessimist in me thinks we lose on Thursday and then beat Durham in a dead rubber on the Friday 😕

Yes, noticed that Worcs are improving.

David Griffin announces on “X” that Cam Fletcher becomes only the third foreign wicketkeeper in the team's history.

A couple of minutes later, the team is announced with no Fletcher in it 🤣

Donald to wicket keep, with Wagstaff in for Guest.

Edited by jimbo jones

40 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

David Griffin announces on “X” that Cam Fletcher becomes only the third foreign wicketkeeper in the team's history.

A couple of minutes later, the team is announced with no Fletcher in it 🤣

Donald to wicket keep, with Wagstaff in for Guest.

Have you got a live stream?

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

6 byes off the 19th over. Donald is not covering himself in glory behind the stumps in my humble opinion. 

No, but when was the last time he kept wicket? I don't think he's done it much for years. 

Sloppy fielding from Whiteley, probably gifted them 20 runs in this innings 😕

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Pat Brown enjoying his return to New Road….hopefully Ross Whiteley does as well 😬😬😬

Brown adds a fourth wicket and a run out as Worcestershire end on 169.

If we can't chase 170 against this inexperienced bowling attack we don't deserve to be anywhere near the quarter finals…

9 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Where is Guest? Dropped? Injured?

Not 100% sure, Fletcher was supposed to be wicketkeeper, but then dropped out as not fit to play at the last minute. If Guest was fit to play it would have made sense to bring him back in at that point 🤷‍♂️

Donald hits 3 consecutive 4’s and then backs miles outside of leg swipes at one and gets bowled 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

2 down now to what appears to be their u14 bowlers

Only Donald looks like he can find the boundary for us, and he's determined to keep getting himself out. I'm really not sure what Reece is bringing to the team.