Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Its like a 20/20 game at the moment, without the wickets.

Worcs hitting 8 an over!

Then they almost ground to a halt, not sure if t  was down to the kookaburra ball, or intentional, probably a bit of both.

Wicket each for Reece and Potts and they've gone off for bad light.

19 minutes ago, Anon said:

I was literally just about to start whinging about our lack of penetration. Great work from Thomson to get Roderick.

Lack of penetration is a problem when we’ve got all our bowlers available, so with Chappell, Lakmal, Conners, and Watt not playing and Aitchison getting injured, along with it being slow flat pitch, plus the kookaburra ball…it was always going to be a game of patience. 

Really needed that wicket though, no wicket in the session would have been very disheartening. This is where you need your spinner to bowl a team out, Thomson has bowled well but a bit too full and flat.

The good news is one more wicket and we are into the lower order, just have to hope the light stays playable.

45 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I think we're done? 😪

Yeah, spin looked the most likely way to get a wicket, and Thomson did well, but could have done with another spinner from the other end.

other than Worcestershire’s collapse on Day 1, wickets have never looked very likely, probably even less so with their batsmen shutting up shop and happy to block it out.

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Draw. 😬

In hindsight, maybe should have declared sooner?

Probably, I think a 300 lead was more than enough. Not sure if that would have been long enough still though. The 40 overs lost to the weather would have been handy.

Twice this season (Leicestershire at home) we’ve been well on top and had the chance to win but just not been able to do it.