Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Looking back at last night and the positives going into the last 3 games.

Harry Came opening was the right decision, took a while to get going last night, but doesn’t give his wicket away and set the tone for the second half of the innings with the way he kicked on after the sort of dropped catch. Scores of 34, 27, and 43 and the team unbeaten since he came in.

The two Pakistani lads are hitting their stride, less experienced batsmen really struggle with Zaman. Haider got a bit greedy last night, should also perhaps of stayed at 5.

Thomson has been a revelation, and hopefully can keep it up, while Scrimshaw and Chappell keep taking wickets. McKiernan not getting the wicket he got last year, but not going round the park either.

du Plooy has found his white ball form and looks a class act, and along with Guest are proving excellent finishers 

Madsen is Madsen.

we look a good team again, I just hope we’ve not left too much to do.

Poaching season is in full swing, the three Leicestershire players have already signed for new clubs. Akerman and Parkinson for Durham, Wright for Sussex, who have also signed Danny Lamb (Lancashire).

Paul Nixon has also got the boot as Leics head coach. They are in the promotion mix still in the championship and now have no head coach and 3 players in the squad for the rest of the season who everyone knows is leaving.

I don't like how that's allowed at all, and just hope we don't end up in the same boat with du Plooy.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Would a wash out tonight be a bad thing tonight if we win our last 2 home games 😊

If we had a washout we’d go above Yorkshire but stay behind Lancashire we’d be 5th if we win tonight we’d go above Lancashire into 4th with 2 home games left to play and qualification in our own hands 

I’d rather play tonight I’d rather have our destiny in our own hands 

4 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

If we had a washout we’d go above Yorkshire but stay behind Lancashire we’d be 5th if we win tonight we’d go above Lancashire into 4th with 2 home games left to play and qualification in our own hands 

Depends what sort of game we have. DLS is massively outdated, and hugely weighted towards the team batting second if there's interruptions during the game.

10 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Yorkshire are playing 🤔

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yorkshire are playing 🤔

Yorkshire are playing their 13th game tonight we are playing our 12th if we get a point tonight we’d be better off after 12 games than they were so if we win our last 2 games we’d be virtually guaranteed to finish above them on run rate(due to smashing them last week) even if they win their last 2 games 

10 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Yorkshire are playing their 13th game tonight we are playing our 12th if we get a point tonight we’d be better off after 12 games than they were so if we win our last 2 games we’d be virtually guaranteed to finish above them on run rate(due to smashing them last week) even if they win their last 2 games 

Even if they win tonight?