Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

59 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Without the weather intervention another game we would have probably lost. Very disappointing.

The weather and winning the toss put Gloucestershire on the front foot from the start to be fair. Disappointingly, when conditions got better the batting outside of du Plooy and Reece at the end got worse 🤦‍♂️

Those two weren't exactly holding on though, and that's 9 draws in a row at Derby, which just looks like a difficult ground for bowlers at the moment...apart from when Derbyshire batsmen are giving their wicket away of course 👀

28 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The weather and winning the toss put Gloucestershire on the front foot from the start to be fair. Disappointingly, when conditions got better the batting outside of du Plooy and Reece at the end got worse 🤦‍♂️

Those two weren't exactly holding on though, and that's 9 draws in a row at Derby, which just looks like a difficult ground for bowlers at the moment...apart from when Derbyshire batsmen are giving their wicket away of course 👀

Think you might find we lost at home to Worcestershire 🥲

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Without the weather intervention another game we would have probably lost. Very disappointing.

If we had won the toss, we may have won

We are a pace bowler and a 4 day spinner short

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think you might find we lost at home to Worcestershire 🥲

Forgot about that one, 1 result out of 9 then. I could look for the last Derbyshire win, but I might get depressed 😭🤣

Think the next home games at Chesterfield, fingers crossed we can keep the good recent form there going 😬

Edited by jimbo jones

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think the top order is a little suspect too…

I think there's enough talent there, they've all scored runs, but there's been no consistency apart from maybe du Plooy, although we need some big hundreds from him I think. Reece and Came since coming in have done well, the rest have been very underwhelming.

Having to wait 5 games for a century says a lot, too many getting out after getting in. Can we shuffle the order around a bit? Drop Haider and Guest down, move Reece back up to open? Hopefully Lamb is back for the next game too.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

I think there's enough talent there, they've all scored runs, but there's been no consistency apart from maybe du Plooy, although we need some big hundreds from him I think. Reece and Came since coming in have done well, the rest have been very underwhelming.

Having to wait 5 games for a century says a lot, too many getting out after getting in. Can we shuffle the order around a bit? Drop Haider and Guest down, move Reece back up to open? Hopefully Lamb is back for the next game too.

Was Lamb dropped or injured 🤔

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Haider is batting 1 too high. Id try Billy and Harry Came, Haider at 3 and Guest down to 6

I was surprised Billy got dropped for the back to back home games, when he scored runs in the home opener, even if he didn't do well in the two away games.

30 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

See we are on SKY for our first T20 game on Saturday v Lancs. What should our team be? Assuming Dal is still out and Lamb is fit, I would go:

Reece

Ali

Came

Madsen

Du Ploy

Lamb

Chappel

Watt

Aitchison

Scrimshaw

Yes, we've been honoured with a place in the “blast off”, meaning we lose a home game to go play Lancashire at Edgbaston.

The others in contention would be McKiernan who had a good tournament last year, Lakmal who I believe did well in the Sri Lankan T20, his team won it anyway, and Conners, who is possibly our best boundary fielder.

It's one from those 3 and Aitchison I think, the rest almost picks itself, unless you leave Came out.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Zaman Khan has just signed for the Blast. He is rapid - probably a yard quicker than George.

More of a slingy action, so should complement each other too.

I'm spending the afternoon watching Zaman highlights on YouTube 🤣 rapid!!

Edited by jimbo jones

46 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

More of a slingy action, so should complement each other too.

I'm spending the afternoon watching Zaman highlights on YouTube 🤣 rapid!!

Weird action! Even more pronounced than Lasith Malinga. Always thought that line and length must be tricky when the delivery arm is almost at a right angle at point of release.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Weird action! Even more pronounced than Lasith Malinga. Always thought that line and length must be tricky when the delivery arm is almost at a right angle at point of release.

I am surprised his action hasn’t been checked by the powers that be but cracking signing nevertheless 😁