Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

No play in the second XI game yesterdayy, finally got going this afternoon, Lakmal, Aitchison, Watt, Dal, Guest, Came, & Reece all playing. 

Guest keeping his form going with 85, none of Came, Reece, or Dal troubling the scorers much.

More interested in the bowlers getting on to be honest.

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Went on the website to look at tickets and noticed that they are showing highlights from the seconds game against Notts.

Giving them a right thrashing so far and Lakmal with 4 wickets in 9 overs must be good news.

wouldn't have been great if he played and got slapped around the park 😆

We know he's a quality bowler, hopefully he's sharpened up for our next game.

Seconds need 17 runs to win after making Notts follow on and bowling them out twice. Excellent 😀

Only 4 overs for Lakmal. Down enough work in the first innings...

9 overs for Scrimshaw, he got a wicket in each innings with fast balls into the ribs drawing an edge...ive said it many times, but if he can physically get through 4 days of cricket, he'd make such a difference to the bowling attack.

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Another very disappointing start, other than Chappell, our bowlers are getting hit around the ground 🙄

Suddenly just clicked for Aitchison who's bowling very well at the moment.

It was interesting listening to Marcus North of commentary talk about the change in mindset to be aggressive at the start of the innings and how the bowlers need to change their mindset accordingly. Wickets are the only way to slow things down, and we've seen that once Lees got out here.

282-6 at tea

I was away from the game for most of that big partnership.

Ollie Robinson leading the way for Durham with that century. He's had a great start to the season... I've noticed as he’s the wicketkeeper in my fantasy cricket team.

Can we finish a team off for once? Bowling them out for anything under 350 would be a win after they won the toss and elected to bat.

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

282-6 at tea

I was away from the game for most of that big partnership.

Ollie Robinson leading the way for Durham with that century. He's had a great start to the season... I've noticed as he’s the wicketkeeper in my fantasy cricket team.

Can we finish a team off for once? Bowling them out for anything under 350 would be a win after they won the toss and elected to bat.

Watt has shown why I don’t think he should be in the team for 4 day cricket 🤔

58 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Watt has shown why I don’t think he should be in the team for 4 day cricket 🤔

By far the most expensive he's been playing for Derbyshire, I'm not throwing the towel in on him because of one spell of bowling when we don't have anything better though.