Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

12 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Godleman’s last 8 innings, starting with the most recent.

9 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2 - 34 - 27 - 11

His form hasn’t been good all season but it’s gone off a cliff. Not made double figures in his last 5 innings. It has to be time to look at Came. 

Just imagine - an extra 20 runs per inning which is what you'd expect as a minimum from a batter, would have been the difference between winning and losing at Sussex.

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just imagine - an extra 20 runs per inning which is what you'd expect as a minimum from a batter, would have been the difference between winning and losing at Sussex.

Sorry, how would that have meant we won at Sussex? We never looked like bowling them out in the second innings with an extra 40 runs or not....

13 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Godleman’s last 8 innings, starting with the most recent.

9 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2 - 34 - 27 - 11

His form hasn’t been good all season but it’s gone off a cliff. Not made double figures in his last 5 innings. It has to be time to look at Came. 

To be honest, I am not convinced by Came either. When Masood is back I think it has to be Masood/Reece as openers, maybe a loan opening batsman in in the meantime?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

To be honest, I am not convinced by Came either. When Masood is back I think it has to be Masood/Reece as openers, maybe a loan opening batsman in in the meantime?

Kerr had he not been injured could open too ! 

33 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who are we going to get on loan? Another young lad who’s unlikely to be anymore developed than Came, and would be back for the one day cup when everyone’s squads are ripped apart. I’d rather give him or even Wagstaff a decent go first. One of them probably has to play in the one day cup.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Who are we going to get on loan? Another young lad who’s unlikely to be anymore developed than Came, and would be back for the one day cup when everyone’s squads are ripped apart. I’d rather give him or even Wagstaff a decent go first. One of them probably has to play in the one day cup.

Not necessarily, might get someone in from one of the bigger clubs who is not getting much of a game, someone with a bit more experience. If not give Came a go but I am not sure about him from what I have seen so far....can't comment on Wagstaff.....