Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agreed. Need to focus on the good cricket that got us there. In hindsight we would have been better off batting first and posting a score. We were weakened with bat and ball through the loss of both Masood and Kerr but at the end of the day we were well beaten by a much better side…

I do wonder if we would have batted first if we had Masood, runs on the board in a knockout game away from home at a ground which is known for high scoring if a far safer bet. 

On the plus side, Scrimshaw was outstanding. Unfortunately the rest of the attack was a bit too medium pace and floaty and too easy to hit.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I do wonder if we would have batted first if we had Masood, runs on the board in a knockout game away from home at a ground which is known for high scoring if a far safer bet. 

On the plus side, Scrimshaw was outstanding. Unfortunately the rest of the attack was a bit too medium pace and floaty and too easy to hit.

Mistakes were made, giving McKiernen a fourth over being one, but on the day we weren’t going to win that game, even with Masood and Kerr….Hope Du Ploy is ok…

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Toby Petmann is coming back on loan for the championship game against Durham starting tomorrow. 

Played 1 game for Kent against Surrey since he was here last time and took a couple of wickets.

Looked alright when I saw him v Middx at Chesterfield.

42 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for tomorrow.

No Scrimshaw, looks like he's just gonna play white ball, Watt was up in Glasgow today playing for Scotland, no Mckiernan either. Think it might be the first time this season Cohen has been in a squad.

E1E5DD5D-AE2A-42C1-A56D-BCC660572748.jpeg

Cohen to miss out. Good to see Du Plooy ok…

18 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Cohen to miss out. Good to see Du Plooy ok…

As expected Cohen misses out.

Durham won the toss and chose to bowl ?

I know it might be a degree or 2 colder up there but if I was a Durham bowler and my captain chose to bowl in this heat, i’d be offering my resignation ?