The unlikely lads vs rest of squad

Ramarena

On paper we have a strong attacking threat especially with CKR back but as has been said already by many Ravel is too often at the back with jags/Davies and Sibley and Joz who should be scaring the life out of championship defences … simply don’t. Their notable contributions during matches too often are their tracking back (Sibley put some great challenges in yesterday) -are we asking too much of them defensively or will they improve with a focal point? 

1 hour ago, Mountain Ram said:

Agree with this - without service we’re going to struggle. We’re never going to be prolific at present, but we’re definitely not helping ourselves. 
For me, it’s time to swap Morrison out - David Batty would have made more forward passes than Ravel yesterday. Would be great to see someone like Watson given a chance. Can’t see it happening though!

For me you can’t carry Morrison and Lawrence in the same team. It’s one of the other.

Lawrence is relatively productive in term if goals and assists, but often plays as an individual.

Morrison seems to be really hindering our attacking intent at the moment, he sees a lot of the ball in the final third but squanders options offered to him by team mates. 

I wonder if the performances of the wingers would also improve without Morrison?

If Knight is available then it’s a midfield of Bird, Knight and Shinnie for me.

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

Does anybody know why we can’t score goals? 
My guess is that without Kaz, there’s too many creative players and not enough ramrod finishers.

As has been mentioned we don’t have too many “finishers”, however I think our best options for goals is Lawrence and/or Sibley playing off Kaz would be the best option till we can bring another striker in.

Stretton also deserves more opportunities as he always looks useful. Not sure why he’s been sidelined.

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

Why don’t we score? Here are the answers:

- No runners in behind, everyone wants it to feet.

- No focal point to play off - maybe CKR will help

- Creativity is middle of the pitch only (coupled with point one)

- Our free kicks from outside the box shooting are desperate to say the least - i’d let Bird have them all and I’d keep Lawrence well and truly away from them

- Morrison plays too deep so you’re constantly left with him, Bird and Shinnie being too far outside the box to scare the oppo

- Joz and Sibley just foat out of games (although they haven’t floated in to begin with)

- our crossing is atrocious (combined with point two)

We could do with just replacing the whole front four!

What we do well though:

- both fullbacks get forward well and at the same time - this is key so the inevitable overhit cross can be picked up (That’s when Buchanan doesn’t kick it out for a goal kick)

- We do find and create pockets of space through our middle third play but then we must get forward in numbers to capitalise on this

- Knight is massive for us and can be a real star. He’s prepared to do the dirty work yet has a huge engine to get up and down and tries to make the runs.

I think Knight is our best player by a country mile, watched him a few years ago when he was 17 at Plymouth Argyle in the U23s league cup and he was the best player on the pitch back then.