Player Ratings #14: vs Coventry (a)

Rampant

18 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

You gave sibley 7 and joz 1 ? 

that’s correct, Joz did nothing, looked checked out, he didn’t track back and gave nothing going forward. It looks like he doesn’t want to be here and If that’s the case I’d rather he wasn’t. Sibley did ok, put in a shift and gets a 7 from me. I see you scored Joz higher then Sibley and above average (which is 6) I’d love to know how you thought his performance was above average?

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

that’s correct, Joz did nothing, looked checked out, he didn’t track back and gave nothing going forward. It looks like he doesn’t want to be here and If that’s the case I’d rather he wasn’t. Sibley did ok, put in a shift and gets a 7 from me. I see you scored Joz higher then Sibley and above average (which is 6) I’d love to know how you thought his performance was above average?

I’m surprised you criticise Joz’s work rate because I think he’s an honest footballer and always puts in a shift, even when things are not going his way. I think he does track back, and whilst say Lawrence is a master at appearing to defend whilst frequently not doing anything that might spoil his hairstyle, I think Joz puts in a challenge again and again. I don’t know how to get field position or ‘ground covered’ data but I doubt Joz’s metrics against Cov would disappoint. Where he does disappoint is with decision making but for my money he’s much better this season. He suffers from our lack of cohesiveness up front. Also, I think he’s more effective on the left  but the player he links up best with is Byrne  ...  

I have been a bit too strident about Sibley on other threads and will avoid that here . But no, I didn’t feel he presented any real sort of threat against Coventry, continuing the recent run where he has seen a few starts and not made his mark. Admittedly being played out of position has not helped him

but 1  ?   Come on !! 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’m surprised you criticise Joz’s work rate because I think he’s an honest footballer and always puts in a shift, even when things are not going his way. I think he does track back, and whilst say Lawrence is a master at appearing to defend whilst frequently not doing anything that might spoil his hairstyle, I think Joz puts in a challenge again and again. I don’t know how to get field position or ‘ground covered’ data but I doubt Joz’s metrics against Cov would disappoint. Where he does disappoint is with decision making but for my money he’s much better this season. He suffers from our lack of cohesiveness up front. Also, I think he’s more effective on the left  but the player he links up best with is Byrne  ...  

I have been a bit too strident about Sibley on other threads and will avoid that here . But no, I didn’t feel he presented any real sort of threat against Coventry, continuing the recent run where he has seen a few starts and not made his mark. Admittedly being played out of position has not helped him

but 1  ?   Come on !! 

In the past I agree on Jozs work rate. Yesterday though he didn’t even look like he cared which is something I hate in a footballer. I can forgive someone having a bad game, but not looking bothered I can’t that’s why he got a 1. 

I don’t agree with you on Lawrence either, I think this season he’s put a shift in every time he plays (his set pieces are pants though) 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

In the past I agree on Jozs work rate. Yesterday though he didn’t even look like he cared which is something I hate in a footballer. I can forgive someone having a bad game, but not looking bothered I can’t that’s why he got a 1. 

I don’t agree with you on Lawrence either, I think this season he’s put a shift in every time he plays (his set pieces are pants though) 

I agree that Lawrence has been more industrious this season.