Tactics; Intent and Execution

brady1993

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you watch on Youtube you can cast it to your tv.

OK so I don't think there's a whole lot to it, it seems to mostly be about making sure to step up and compress the space in a defensive shape and it being something to work on. Almost certainly why Jagielka and Davies are there for it as well. 

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

I watched through TV with better speakers and still couldn't make out what they were saying.

You must have good hearing, Roy Mac! 

Pardon?! You what? Sorry I didn't mean to suggest I could make out what was said, just that it's a better picture. ? I couldn't hear anything over the noise of my pizza being chewed! ? 

15 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

OK so I don't think there's a whole lot to it, it seems to mostly be about making sure to step up and compress the space in a defensive shape and it being something to work on. Almost certainly why Jagielka and Davies are there for it as well. 

Just thought you might be interested - know you've finished your first major treatise, give yourself something else to do?! ?? #COYR

A sneaky peak at how we want to shape up? (tactics board for Salford friendly). Looks like the CMs should be directly infront of the CBs rather than drifting wide into the false FB position. FBs high up and wingers tucked in as we've already identified.

Essentially like this:

Roos
Jagielka   Davies
   Bird      Shinnie
Byrne   Jozwiak   Morrison   Lawrence   Buchanan
Baldock

image.png.6e596e804df5fe530cb9a30f30187819.png

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A sneaky peak at how we want to shape up? (tactics board for Salford friendly). Looks like the CMs should be directly infront of the CBs rather than drifting wide into the false FB position. FBs high up and wingers tucked in as we've already identified.

Essentially like this:

Roos
Jagielka   Davies
   Bird      Shinnie
Byrne   Jozwiak   Morrison   Lawrence   Buchanan
Baldock

image.png.6e596e804df5fe530cb9a30f30187819.png

Interesting I'd missed that (I think on the diagram it's CKR up front, Morrison and Lawrence swapped, Aluko for Jozwiak and Tom Carroll for Shinnie). That's  what  I think we transition into in the final third as when we get into the last 3rd it does seem that both midfielders come back inside as the 10 pushes forward. It's also possible that the idea of splitting the midfielders came about later in process but I could have sworn it was there against Salford. 

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Interesting I'd missed that (I think on the diagram it's CKR up front, Morrison and Lawrence swapped, Aluko for Jozwiak and Tom Carroll for Shinnie). That's  what  I think we transition into in the final third as when we get into the last 3rd it does seem that both midfielders come back inside as the 10 pushes forward. It's also possible that the idea of splitting the midfielders came about later in process but I could have sworn it was there against Salford. 

Yeah blue team is: Marshall, Byrne, Jagielika, Davies, Buchanan, Bird, Carroll, Aluko, Lawrence, Morrison, Kazim
Red team is: Not chosen, McDonald, Wisdom, Stearman, Forsyth, ???, ???, Hutchinson, Jozwiak, (10 men)

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah blue team is: Marshall, Byrne, Jagielika, Davies, Buchanan, Bird, Carroll, Aluko, Lawrence, Morrison, Kazim
Red team is: Not chosen, McDonald, Wisdom, Stearman, Forsyth, ???, ???, Hutchinson, Jozwiak, (10 men)

I'd guess the two question marks are Shinnie and Watson but it's not easy to tell ?

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

I'd guess the two question marks are Shinnie and Watson but it's not easy to tell ?

Until you realise Watson wasn't in the squad (nor Jozwiak).
CMs in the 2nd half were Bird and Shinnie
Ebosele and Sibley seemingly weren't going to feature originally I guess (in for Watson and Jozwiak?)

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Until you realise Watson wasn't in the squad (nor Jozwiak).
CMs in the 2nd half were Bird and Shinnie
Ebosele and Sibley seemingly weren't going to feature originally I guess (in for Watson and Jozwiak?)

Yeah... makes it harder ?

It's possible we are looking at a line up for a training exercise ?