Home gym equipment

RoyMac5

Not sure it wouldn't just be easier to just set light to some notes, but am thinking about getting some gym equipment. Now I want 'hi-tech' not make do with tins of beans and arm curls!

So anyways has anyone got a cross-trainer or exercise bike, or both? Any recommendations?

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

One careful owner, used by your granny?

Might be a ZR9 actually. Not ZX9. I bought it new about 3 years ago. Certainly never used enough cos once i got to 5k running level, i went to puregym instead. I’ve moved house and the treadmill is still in my old flat, and I’m struggling to get it to Staffordshire. 

was £999 when bought it, reduced from £1500. Proper decent gym quality treadmill. 

There's a thread about running a 10k for the first time on here.

I only mention it as I've joined gyms to go running or use the cross trainer/bike and have found them mind numbingly boring. Go running and got myself a cheap road bike for about £350.

Would recommend that to anyone if you have opportunity is far more invigorating then being on a treadmill in a smelly, air conditioned gym and paying for the privilege too.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's a thread about running a 10k for the first time on here.

I only mention it as I've joined gyms to go running or use the cross trainer/bike and have found them mind numbingly boring. Go running and got myself a cheap road bike for about £350.

Would recommend that to anyone if you have opportunity is far more invigorating then being on a treadmill in a smelly, air conditioned gym and paying for the privilege too.

Agree, I don't see the attraction of running on treadmill when weather is good out side. I go to the gym for weight and its good for mind as well for me. But mountain biking instead of biking in a gym looking at a wall any time 

Road running and running is mind numbing to me any way