Derby County v Juventus, 1973

red fever

When i watched this the other night I could not believe the ref was not wearing a Juventus shirt.

Though Derby did not retain their title the following season, they did reach the semi-finals of the European Cup. They lost to Juventus in a controversial match which was subject to subsequent allegations that the Italian club had bribed the match officials, leading Clough, to call the Italians "cheating b*stards

Derby County v Juventus, 1973:

It is a scene immortalised in The Damned United: Brian Clough loudly informing the Italian press he would not speak to "cheating --------". Clough's first European adventure was mortally wounded by a 3-1 defeat in Italy after Archie Gemmill and Roy McFarland were booked – ruling them out of the return, which Derby won 1-0 – and Juventus substitute Helmut Haller accompanied referee Gerhard Schulenburg to his dressing room at half-time

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some reds forget we went that far in the euro cup.

Malmo v Forest was the same wasn't it?

Same what, this was a final?, I am fully aware of Derby history, and yes you should respect and enjoy it, like PTR does, however we have more, sorry its the way it is!:D

• 8 years later...

Archived