Americas Cup

Spanish

Never thought I would find this interesting but my daughter lives in Auckland and I have started to watch so I have a conversation point.  My God the coverage is edge of the seat stuff.  GB with Ben Ainsley are doing great.  There is a daily update on YouTube and I would recommend it if only it is to waste a few minutes, pretty impressive

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Those things spend more time flying above water than floating on it. The speed they reach with no motor is crazy.

Spooky seeing boats of that size seeming to hover over the sea at that speed.  Did you see the US boat after the mistake?

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's certainly in the "game for rich people" category. I seem to remember the Red Bull F1 team lost their cheif designer at one point because he was going to do hull design for these kind of boats instead.

image.png.55276d86f9bf8e65fa9adcd3aa040edc.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/01/2021 at 19:34, Spanish said:

Never thought I would find this interesting but my daughter lives in Auckland and I have started to watch so I have a conversation point.  My God the coverage is edge of the seat stuff.  GB with Ben Ainsley are doing great.  There is a daily update on YouTube and I would recommend it if only it is to waste a few minutes, pretty impressive

Ainsley now got his work cut out.  Looks like the Italians will be the challengers 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived