DCFC is our church and we are it's people!

RoyMac5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/12/2020 at 17:34, jono said:

Oh Angie .. the funny thing is I was at that match with my Granddad. He was a red from pre war and right through the Babes days. He got me interested in football. I’m from the North West, 

less than 10 miles from OT before anyone chips in. My view of that day was so different. I guess I was 15-16 .. I thought, despite Docs young athletic team, there was no way United were going to beat the mighty Derby County. Hill was my hero, but in those days there was an unwritten rule .. unless it was Man City (or Forest for Derby Fans ) you supported the English team in European adventures ..so I’d grown up with a crackly radio and black and white TV listening to “Hector - O’Hare .. yes .. Goal ! ( with all the fizz and crackle that you used to get especially in away matches in Europe ) ... Derby were special even then. The Docs shenanigans at Derby embarrass me to this day. I wonder what went on and why. Was it just money ? Greed ? Lack of ethics, corruption ? .. it makes me sad that someone who was a football man, who’s team at United played the right way could so lose his personal way to the extent that, as someone said .. made him Damian, of Omen fame with us. Tragic, and the bile directed at him is deserved. 

Anyway .. Ibe and Joz are going to be fighting to be my new Merlin ... new memories and magic moments coming to this space soon. We will win the next match ... certain of it. COYR

You were right. COYR

Archived